Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Self Assesment

As per usual very late sending mine back. Had to send it Special Delivery for £4, better than £100 fine though.
The queue in the Post Office was unbelievable!! Loads of people doing the same. Glad I'm not the only disorganised one around.

Comments

• are they going to extend it? someone i know wantedto do it online but ddn't realise they had to register last week to be able to do that. they're now working like a b*stard tryign to do it all before tonight where they have to pay recorded delivery or going to hand deliver it to a tax office....but they haven't looked into that yet!!!!
  • Get an accountant. Gary Sargeant £550 a year tax deductable.
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Get an accountant. Gary Sargeant £550 a year tax deductable.
    I'm not paying anyone £550 to fill in three boxes, even if they did have the most annoying advert on Charton Chat.

No extensions. If you miss the deadline- you're fined.
  • special delivery ?

should be alright if put in post this afternoon ?
  • edited January 2007
    [/Should be.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]special delivery ?

should be alright if put in post this afternoon ?

yep...he works nights so he's probably asleep now, might ring him to wake him up so he does it!
    he got computer games for his b'day but he's banned from playing them till he does his tax return!!
    he got someone to help him last year, cost loads and the bloke ended up making him pay more than he should have by doing it wrong...apparently.

if i earned enough to have to do one, i'd sort mine out monthly so i didn't get in a paddy!
  • I think most of the Civil Service is on strike tomorrow. Royal Mail do not go across picket lines so the chances are it wont get to the office until Thursday.
  • edited January 2007
    Tax doesn't have to be taxing you know!

1905 is right, the idle buggers are all out on strike tomorrow as it is anyway so it's unlikely that you'd be able to hand deliver. However, my sources tell me that in the circumstances they will likely accept things received on 1 Feb without a penalty, or if a penalty does get issued automatically then the fact that they were on strike will likely be considered a "reasonable excuse".

(NB. I'm saying "likely" here because I'm just trying to be helpful and don't want you all suing the arse off me if it turns out to be wrong!!!)
  • Scrap what I said - apparently the tax offices are open for those last minute hand deliveries!
  • edited January 2007
    Just "Tracked" my form on www.royalmail.com It got there this morning. £4 well spent I'd say!
    You can get proof of delivery too via the website, good service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the £4 tax deductible on next years return?