Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burns pain

I burnt my hand this morning on steam as the kettle boiled and it is effing bloody killing! stuck it under a cold tap for ages and got some cooling gel from boots on it but it still stings like a bastard!

Anybody got any tips to address this, other than a few brandys?!

Comments

• Might be a bit late but sealing the burnt area in cellophane is the best thing (stops the air getting at it).
  • hmmmmm as a trained person that is not good mate. The only thing that should be applied to a burn is a burns dressing or a sterile gauze to a dry wound
  • eat lots of beetroot and urinate on it as often as you can
  • Try using the other hand.
  • I thought this was going to be about a Scottish poet.
  • Did this when I was a kid - you're right, it hurts like f**k. Not exactly helped, in my case, by one of my 'mates' bursting the blister with a dinner fork.
  • Ibroprofen for the pain and swelling, cold peas will also help if u apply to it (use a towel do its not too cold)
  • [cite]Posted By: robert[/cite]Ibroprofen for the pain and swelling, cold peas will also help if u apply to it (use a towel do its not too cold)

will work although ice is a no no as it will increase the burn rate
  • in the voice of don coleone...

you could be a man an pull yourself together!

;-)
  • piss on hand
  • Sponsored links:

• ha cheers all, red5 i think i agree with your advice to be honest!
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]ha cheers all, red5 i think i agree with your advice to be honest!

I was only joking mate, just remember not to applaude (CLAP) when our great new manager is appointed!!
  • as it's -30 outside today I am going to avoid licking any exposed metal......

hope that helps :-)
  • I was told as a child to apply butter to soothe the pain...............how fecking stoopid is that?! Used to be a common practice apparently.