Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

if bent is 'worth' £18 million now, he will be worth

a lot more come the summer, no matter whether we're premiership or championship...take a look at the money that's been splashed about this season in anticipation of the increase is the tv money next season and think how desperate clubs are going to get once they've got it and want to keep getting it...sell him for £18 million now and we're be kicking ourselves when the silly money takes over in the next transfer window...

and another thing while i'm on the subject...what better way to close the curbishly chapter than to not be forced into selling our prize assets...

Comments

• Options
    I agree the board won't want to reject 18 million quid in January and then accept 12 million squids in June!!

Bent WILL leave Charlton in the summer regardless of our league, he will keep banging in the goals till the end of the season.

SWP Went for £21 million to Chelsea. Says enough really about waiting until the transfer market is on "silly money" mode!
  • Options
    West Ham are sh**ting themselves!

** No Sale **
  • Options
    We will not get anything like £18m for Bent if we get relegated.

DB won't want to play in the championship and other teams will know it.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bid denied by A. Spokesman:

football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2002126,00.html

*** edited to correct the link ***
  • Options
    We have a fighting chance of staying up - so keep Dazza!
  • Options
    Bent just signed a new deal and he's a good lad, he wont go for cheap money, if at all regardless of our status.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Bent just signed a new deal and he's a good lad, he wont go for cheap money, if at all regardless of our status.

echo that, he really does seem a top chap, not like all the other mercenaries. I hope he goes on to great great things, and i will always be grateful to him for his loyalty
  • Options
    I do find the timing of the offer to be a bit odd as it makes the deal even more unlikely.

Is it because Curbishley has just found out that Ashton could be out for the rest of the season, is it to try to unsettle the team or does he honestly think that we will cave at the last minute?
  • Options
    thinking about it perhaps its more for the fans benefit, ah we're a big club cos we can show interets in DB! Becoming more like the Spuds every day
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]We will not get anything like £18m for Bent if we get relegated.

DB won't want to play in the championship and other teams will know it.

It wont matter whether he wants to move on or not, what will matter is he's a proven pl goalscorer and they'll be queueing up with their enhanced tv money to sign him...there'll be a feeding frenzy come the next transfer window...it its £18m now, it'll be £25m come the summer...

and if we stay up, no doubt there'll be more wonga available in his pay packet if he wants to stay or go...selling him now doesn't make any sense for either him or the club...