Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Mooney - my hero

A long held opinion of mine was expertly demonstrated by David Mooney last night.
He was touched in the box last night by a defender who mis-timed a tackle. He could have gone over as so many do these days but, instead, he just carried on playing as the touch was not enough to knock him over.
At half time the expert manager (yes it was Parky but I would still have written this had it been Curbs) said he should have gone over to try to win a penalty.

Despite this "lack of professionalism" his team still managed to come back from a goal down to win the game.

Full marks to David Mooney - my personal hero for the day...

Comments

• I can't wait for buckshee to read this!
  • He also missed a clear header from 10 yards with nobody around him and was clean through one on one about 2 minutes later only to make a complete mess of it - and I only watched 10 minutes of the match. Not good enough, simple!
  • Should have gone down. He cost his employers a chance of a penalty.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Should have gone down. He cost his employers a chance of a penalty.

Given your diatribe against the behaviour of O'Neill and West ham on that thread, which I agreed with, I assume you were being heavily ironic
  • Honest player , may not be good enough for where we are hoping to get too but I'd rather him than that goal scoring machine kakpo

I'm sure if he takes a dive at the valley , those saying he didn't do the right thing will be just as accepting
  • edited January 2011
  • Alot of people may hate him, for some unknown reason, but it was pretty obvious he gave our defence a torrid time!But then again none of you lot would recognise anything decent from him, you failed to see the decent side to his game when he was with us!I wonder where the Boo Boys will f**k off to now Sir Chris is here!?
  • He got booked for diving in the box against us on New Years day. Perhaps he learnt his lesson
  • He hasn't scored in 8 games, is too lightweight and misses too many chances. He's not what we needed or should be looking for. An honest pro, for sure, but not good enough for a side looking to get promotion from this ball bag division 3 !
  • Wind up....
  • Sponsored links:

• Mooney was OK here certainly didn't deserve the boos.

Not sure if Benson is much better than them.
  • Benson's not better than Mooney apart from his goalscoring???!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]wonder where the Boo Boys will f**k off to now Sir Chris is here!?

Millwall, hopefully. Where the non-thinking classes belong.
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Benson's not better than Mooney apart from his goalscoring???!
    I think Mooney has a bit more to his game than Benson. I know Benson's goalscoring record stands up, but I just can't get excited about him.
    Parky obviously felt compelled to play Benson; I don't believe he'll get so much pitch time under the new management.
  • Didn't see the game or the incedent so hard to comment but I would imagine that for Mooney not to have fallen over the nudge he got must have been barely anything as he is absolute powder puff. Decenet movement for a forward but barely scores and easily out muscled.
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Benson's not better than Mooney apart from his goalscoring???!
    I think Mooney has a bit more to his game than Benson. I know Benson's goalscoring record stands up, but I just can't get excited about him.
    Parky obviously felt compelled to play Benson; I don't believe he'll get so much pitch time under the new management.

You maybe surprised. The new management may actually play to his strengths.
  • he spent most of his time with us on his backside and spent most of the new years day match at Colchester doing the same and got booked for diving , man's a complete tit
  • Sorry if I misled. My comments are related to the incident not the player.

Dear old Andy Gray is always spouting on about being "he was touched and so is entitled to go down" and I just completely disagree with his point of view.
    It has angered me for years and I just felt the need to get this off my chest.
    It was good to someone just get on with the game and I thought he deserved praise for it.

For the record, I thought David Mooney was ok for us, not the best I've ever seen and not the worst.
  • As he player he was limited... the booing before he kicked a ball incident was the lowest point in the history of the club from a fans perspective... unfortunately he wasnt particularly talented, but occassionally he really showed it , his goals against Swindon and gillingham? were terrific... unfortunately he was basically up against Jonjo and in terms of popularity only one person was ever going to win that battle....