Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andros Townsend

Comments

• Options
    Quality player, too good for Millwall. Surprised Spurs don't want to loan him to a lower half premier league side, like Arsenal did with Wilshere last season
  • Options
    The Prem to Prem loan window is shut though isnt it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]The Prem to Prem loan window is shut though isnt it?

A good point that i hadn't thought of!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Looked very decent against us but did not pull up many trees at Ipswich or Watford so maybe needs another Championship move to find his feet at that level, also Watford and Ipswich were struggling for consistent form when he was there. Maybe next season he will get a move to a promoted prem team on loan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Yep he's joined us.

Good signing for you.

He was impressive against us in our cup tie at Tottenham.

Don't know enough about him really. Supposed to be a good prospect but everything is based on a couple of very good performances, mainly the one against you.
  • Options
    Good signing for Millwall , looked good consistently whilst on loan at the O's last season .

Now can we bag Bostock ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Good signing for Millwall , looked good consistently whilst on loan at the O's last season .

Now can we bag Bostock ?

Would be nice if we could get Bostock.

Was it Townsend who scored a belter for Orient at Yeovil last season. One of the goals of the season if memory is right. Ran past half the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Yep he's joined us.

Good signing for you.

He was impressive against us in our cup tie at Tottenham.

Don't know enough about him really. Supposed to be a good prospect but everything is based on a couple of very good performances, mainly the one against you.

to be fair, we've made some real dross look good this season, however this fella did have a great game against us in the cup (think he scored as well if I remember)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Good signing for Millwall , looked good consistently whilst on loan at the O's last season .

Now can we bag Bostock ?

Would be nice if we could get Bostock.

Was it Townsend who scored a belter for Orient at Yeovil last season. One of the goals of the season if memory is right. Ran past half the team.

Yes it was, he was a big hit for them in his 6 month stint last season
  • Options
    When doing my coaching badges I took time to go and watch spurs youth teams playing and training

Andros townsend can play anywhere across the midfield he isn't just comfortable outside he can tackle collect the ball through the middle of the park and find a pass or run through players like they are not there.

Has a great shot and real technique.

Head and shoulders above anyone at our club imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks an ok signing from the outside but I do question the fact that this is the third time this season that he has signed for a team on loan till the end of the season, so it makes me think he's not as good as some people think or there are other issues with the player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

Hence why he's joined a club head & shoulders above you.*

*for the past season & a half anyway.....
  • Options

dont talk shite ,i hope he has areally shit time down at your matchbox ground with amassive crowd of 8500 sorry you might get a few more 2morrow nite cos you are playing the league leaders.

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]

dont talk shite ,i hope he has areally shit time down at your matchbox ground with amassive crowd of 8500 sorry you might get a few more 2morrow nite cos you are playing the league leaders.

Scroll down next time fella and don't bite so quickly.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

• Options

D i did they will never be a bigger club than us they piss me off fed up listening to the shite they come out with they are above us for now but let them enjoy it while they can.
  • Options
    Wernt me J, it was SLL who told you to scroll down, i am with you mate soon parity will be restored and we will be signig Townsend once he is the complete player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Wernt me J, it was SLL who told you to scroll down, i am with you mate soon parity will be restored and we will be signig Townsend once he is the complete player

sorry mate computers aint my thing just cant stand the millwall f--kers even though a lot of my pals are stupid enough to follow em ,my grandfather hated em so i guess im following in his footsteps .
  • Options
    Girl you look familiar where do I know you from
    Have you been to visit me at andros townsend.com
  • Options
    According to Sky he has left Leeds . If Jacko were out for some time he would be a perfect replacement but I suspect he would want another loan to the CCC , it says possibly Birmingham .

Leeds boss Neil Warnock has confirmed Andros Townsend has ended his loan spell at Elland Road to return to Tottenham.

Townsend joined Leeds on New Year's Day and has made seven appearances during his time in Yorkshire.

However, the player has opted to cut short his stay at Leeds as he struggled to settle at the club.

Warnock admits he is disappointed to lose the midfielder amid rumours that Birmingham are lining up a swoop for the 29-year-old.

Disappointed
    "I've lost Townsend," Warnock told the club's official website.

"His agent told me he didn't like here, he wasn't happy and he hadn't settled.

"I've heard that Birmingham want to sign him, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it.

"I'm disappointed because we've lost a player, but I don't want people who don't want to be here so good riddance I say if it's what he wants to do."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't want people who don't want to be here so good riddance I say if it's what he wants to do.
    another mature quote from colin wanker. he's such a helmet.

• Options
    "Not settled" probably means "can't stand the new manager".
  • Options
    Once again warnock is spot on
  • Options
    Is he really 29?
  • Options
    21 this year.
  • Options
    I'd love him back, he was superb last season. Doubt it will happen though. Better teams than us will want him, unless he wants to be nearer/in London.
  • Options
    According to Sky he has left Leeds . If Jacko were out for some time he would be a perfect replacement but I suspect he would want another loan to the CCC , it says possibly Birmingham .

Leeds boss Neil Warnock has confirmed Andros Townsend has ended his loan spell at Elland Road to return to Tottenham.

Townsend joined Leeds on New Year's Day and has made seven appearances during his time in Yorkshire.

However, the player has opted to cut short his stay at Leeds as he struggled to settle at the club.

Warnock admits he is disappointed to lose the midfielder amid rumours that Birmingham are lining up a swoop for the 29-year-old.

Disappointed
    "I've lost Townsend," Warnock told the club's official website.

"His agent told me he didn't like here, he wasn't happy and he hadn't settled.

"I've heard that Birmingham want to sign him, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it.

"I'm disappointed because we've lost a player, but I don't want people who don't want to be here so good riddance I say if it's what he wants to do."

TBH I'm surprised one of the lower-Premier League teams havent taken a punt on him. Got pace to burn, can play on either flank.
    He's been unlucky to not get a proper run in the first team but its no surprise given the depth of our squad.
    Was Leeds' best player by a mile when they played Ars*nal in the FA Cup recently.
  • Options
    What we lack is a nippy winger who loves a dribble, Green does about two or three a game. The option of player that really runs at teams at pace would be good, however they would have to improve the side and be willing to potentially be an option, Townsend is far too good for us at the moment
  • Options
    think Warnock has it spot on to be fair
  • Options
    think Warnock has it spot on to be fair
    I think it's an unnecessary and particularly ungracious comment. If Townsend doesn't like it in Leeds then so be it. He has no reason to stay and be unhappy. Perhaps it was a polite way of saying I don't want to play under you. I doubt many of us would stay where we were unhappy any longer than we had to. Warnock is an effective manager but his mouth and brain are rarely connected.