Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clarke Carlisle

On Question Time tonight. Very intelligent bloke by the way he comes across.

Comments

• Didnt he do well when on countdown too or something similar??? He's been declared britains brainiest footballer.
  • I think he won two episodes of Countdown.
  • Fair play to the bloke.

Not many moons ago he was a no hoper and ready for the footballing scrapheap... cruciate ligament injury amongst various serious injuries, a poor disciplinary record, alcoholism, depression

He's turned it around now, played PL football and emerged with a fairly good appraisal and he's making a name for himself now with the non-football public.
  • edited January 2011
    Intelligent indeed but a horrendous footie commentator. Was surprised he didn't do better on Countdown though.
  • Inspirational fella. Had a privileged job, lost his way, pulled it back. One football autobiography I'll look forward to reading
  • edited January 2011
    Powelly left the pfa in good hands. Clarke Carlise is coming across excellently in this Programe.

I love question time dummed down enough politics that I can understand.

Campbell is a real twat.

Galloway just a wum with a stoopid beard however on occasions speaks a fair bit of common sense.

Hughes wishy washy rubbish

Don't know who or what the bird brings to the table
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Inspirational fella. Had a privileged job, lost his way, pulled it back. One football autobiography I'll look forward to reading

Totally agree, comes across as a thoroughly nice guy and is someone who has come back from his personal issues in fine style, very inspirational and someone who is destined to be a manager or someone in a high position in the game after his playing career ends. He certainly deserves it.
  • She ain't tonight.
    Her husband must be well pissed off unless she done it before she went out
  • The boy done well!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Powelly left the pfa in good hands. Clarke Carlise is coming across excellently in this Programe.

I love question time dummed down enough politics that I can understand.

Campbell is a real twat.

Galloway just a wum with a stoopid beard however on occasions speaks a fair bit of common sense.

Hughes wishy washy rubbish

Don't know who or what the bird brings to the table

I did not see the show but I can tell you for a fact that Simon Hughes is one of the bravest and most decent people you will meet in your life.

My family are all Millwall from Bermondsey and they love him for the fact that he stood up to some real scum in order to bring three murderers to justice....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/501121.stm

I don't know he performed on the program and I am sure he has his faults but he is a real stand-up human being.
  • He may well be a stand up straight type of guy, but he was allowing that scumbag alistar Campbell ride rough shot all over him and he came out looking like he had no balls
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]He may well be a stand up straight type of guy, but he was allowing that scumbag alistar Campbell ride rough shot all over him and he came out looking like he had no balls

You're probably right there NLA, Hughes has never been a very good debater. His skills are much more about being on the ground and dealing with people and getting things done.

The problem with his debate with Campbell was probably that he agreed with most of what Campbell was saying! Hughes was not in favor of the LD's going with the Tories and is getting hell from his constituents and staff (one of whom is my uncle) for some of what the LD's have agreed to in government.

He has already been approached by Labour about a possible move and rejected it, but it could happen in the future as Bermondsey is not exactly fertile ground for the Tories.
  • Aluistair Campbell nothing if Caroline Spelman really is an MP
  • edited March 2012
    On Question Time again, coming across well again.
  • Nailed the question on the health service reform. Would like to see John Redwood marking Yann by way of a return.
  • every time i hear or watch Clarke Carlise on these sort of programmes i think that the bloke is quality, in touch with most if not all people, unflappable to his morales articulate and intelligent enough to hold a serious debate with anybody

his mum must be very proud the lady done well with her son

hats off to the lad
  • Him, Powell, Le Saux, Gavin Peacock and a few others are proof that not all footballers are inarticulate thickos. Sadly very thin on the ground (witness the fact that I'm scratching around and including two players who retired years ago). Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Carlisle go into politics when he retires.
  • I see some of you have already beaten me to it.

He came across very well and made many of the other panellists look second rate in comparison.
  • Thought he was good tonight on commentary (Swansea v malmo). Although, just typing his name on twitter and the amount of abuse he's getting for it. What's there to hate about him?
  • Sponsored links:

• I really don't know, maybe he doesn't talk in emotional cliches like Gray, Shearer, Souness et al.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!