Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charlie adam hands in transfer request.............

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Agree with all this especially Parker..Just how good could he have been if he hadn't spent the best years of his life as a reserve. He is such a good player that was a massive waste. but hey they could afford it

Despite that big career mistake, I cannot understand why he isn't inked onto the England team sheet every game.

He would be if he played for spurs arsenal or manu or someone like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]He would be if he played for spurs arsenal or manu or someone like that.

Yep!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Agree with all this especially Parker..Just how good could he have been if he hadn't spent the best years of his life as a reserve. He is such a good player that was a massive waste. but hey they could afford it

Despite that big career mistake, I cannot understand why he isn't inked onto the England team sheet every game.

He would be if he played for spurs arsenal or manu or someone like that.

I could never work out why Spurs did not go for him, he's a better player in that role than anyone else they have.

As for Arsenal, I would take Parker above Song any day in terms of giving the team a bit of steel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]It was the gamble they knew they were taking when they imposed a wage cap (and took the vast majority of the TV money for themselves - the club/owners).

that's very harsh, the last bit. I very much doubt they've put it in their pockets. They're trying to do what Charlton did in the early days -live within their means.

Perhaps they have learnt from us, both when we were smart, and when we stopped being smart.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]As for Arsenal, I would take Parker above Song any day in terms of giving the team a bit of steel.

Song is more versatile though. He can and does play centre back, continental style, which they can use in European games. And Parker doesnt have much experience of European football.

Parker is back to his Charlton best now,at last, but as everyone has said, he pissed away crucial years. Song will go on to achieve more in the game than Parker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]It was the gamble they knew they were taking when they imposed a wage cap (and took the vast majority of the TV money for themselves - the club/owners).

that's very harsh, the last bit. I very much doubt they've put it in their pockets. They're trying to do what Charlton did in the early days -live within their means.

Perhaps they have learnt from us, both when we were smart, and when we stopped being smart.

The money is going somewhere (ie not to the players). Without knowing the ins and outs at Blackpool FC, I can't say where it's going. Over a few years, we might find out exactly where it's gone, but it's fairly safe to say (as I did) that it's either going to be reinvested in the club or going directly to the owners.

Either way, it was a commercial decision by the club, and they can't complain when their players similarly make decisions based on their own financial interests.
  • Options
    Parker, Song and Fabregas. What a midfield that would be!