Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

jobs in kent

Just wondering (cheekily) if anyone on here owns/manages a business in kent and is looking for staff, my husband does security and is currently working in central London, we live in Sittingbourne the commute on top of the 12 hour shifts is slowly killing him and he wants to do something else closer to home, his words ANYTHING else, just needs out. Any offers?

Comments

• Options
    Try Reliance. Lots of places in Kent and do Bluewater etc.
  • Options
    Have you tried the newish Morrison's by Kemsley? Its huge they must have something!
  • Options
    Online, try Monster, Reed, etc.

On Monster you can specify the area you are prepared to commute to.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, tried all of the online job searches, nothing. Reliance won't employ him for some reason they're the only security company where he fails the vetting. Also he wants out of security if possible, unless his current company give him a transfer which doesn't look to be on the cards. :-(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Reliance have been taken over by Securitas the big Swedish multi-national so might be worth trying them or trying Reliance again. A pain I know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Reliance have been taken over by Securitas the big Swedish multi-national so might be worth trying them or trying Reliance again. A pain I know.

Got to be better than VSG! Thanks Henry.
  • Options
    Someone I know who is very good at her job is Julie Rayney of Blue Arrow Recruitment 020 8297 8187. Not sure she cover your area or not, but worth a call.
  • Options
    Sadie is hubbs any good at the old sports comentry thingy ? i hear Sky might be looking for someone.
  • Options
    Sadie,

There are a couple of 'Security' vacancies at the Kent Science Park - was there today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Sadie,

There are a couple of 'Security' vacancies at the Kent Science Park - was there today.

We went up there and it turns out the vacancy is temporary but the relief position to cover it isn't. The funny thing is it's the security firm he's already working for. He's put in his transfer request and has the backing of the site manager so we'll see what happens, thanks for the heads up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel for him regarding the commute.
    I have been doing the much shorter route from Woolwich for 5 years, and i can't hack it anymore.
    The prices you have to pay to be crammed onto trains that are becoming dangerously overcrowded and frequently delayed or cancelled is a f****** joke.
    So best of luck to him finding something closer, not least to end the commute!
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone who tried to help and wished luck. He has now found a job close to home and is starting next Tuesday. Happy Now!!