Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Office Furniture

Can anyone suggest a good place to get office furniture from? We need a new computer chair because our old one is falling apart. I work from home sometimes and the Missus is just about to start the third year of an OU degree so she's got a few long days in front of the computer coming her way, so we want something decent.

They seem generally to be excessively expensive to me, I don't mind paying it if it's a good quality chair but we went down to Staples the other night and even the £200 odd ones seemed to be made of plasticy crap with fragile adjustment mechanisms.

Can anyone suggest or reccommend a good shop (or website) to get one from?

Cheers

EA

Comments

• Have you tried The Bugle ? They have kitted out most of their back room with old office furniture.
  • The Bugle? Is that a pub? If it is I don't live in the southeast so I wouldn't be able to get there. Cheers anyway though!
  • http://www.easycrane.co.uk/
  • Staples do office furniture, at the charlton shop its up stairs.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]The Bugle? Is that a pub? If it is I don't live in the southeast so I wouldn't be able to get there. Cheers anyway though!

Yes it is :-) Sorry :-)
  • Loads of bargains on e-bay, I have just purchased two computer chairs for a project that I am running for £16. Lots of good secondhand stuff about at the moment that can hardly be given away.
  • Viking-Direct are very good
  • TELTEL
    edited January 2011
    My Ex Mrs has my old Office supplies business, she carries an excellent range mate....let me know if you want her number...better quality and value than you'll get from the likes of Viking etc She carries a range of British made good quality chairs.....none of the Chinese rubbish that most chains carry over 100 colours as well.
  • Does she have a website Tel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Try wantdontwant.co.uk
  • ebuyer.co.uk
  • I recommend Green-Works - they have a place in Silvertown across the river or one in Wembley - very good prices indeed