Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on Ferrer

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]knob

come on murray, he's brittish people!

who you calling a knob? knob.

all of the people who are rooting for the other player, lens got it spot on why support a foreigner just because you dont like someone who is closer to home

"Who do you want to win the World Cup Andy" "Whoever England are playing"

KNOB

Quote taken out of context, sarcastic remark to a journalist teasing him about Scotlands absense from the world cup. But yeah, ignore all that because you want to call him a knob.

Hope he wins this.

No No Out of context my arse !

But I do not refer to Andy Murray as a Knob. Just Scottish ! Knob was directed elsewhere.

And he probably will win the tournament as everyone else has been knocked out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]knob

come on murray, he's brittish people!

who you calling a knob? knob.

all of the people who are rooting for the other player, lens got it spot on why support a foreigner just because you dont like someone who is closer to home

Johnny,

Murray has a lot of opinions aboutEnglishpeople and that did him no favours when he said them, he does not see himself asBritishso why should we treat him like it?

care to divulge some of those opinions cos the england world cup remark was a joke taken completely out of context.

He always seems complimentary to the english crowd when he plays at wimbledon.
  • Options
    I'm taking what's known in the game as the 'Rothko approach' of wanting him to win primarily to pee off those who want him to lose !
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    has murray still got the fitness coach fella who suports charlton ?
    and hasn't murray been to the valley a few times (might explain his surly persona)
    on that possible basis
    come on murray

and boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Let me return to the topic of Andy Murray and this whole anti-English argument for what I truly hope is the last time - although I doubt it.

Some of the nonsensical criticism Britain's No 1 has received is laced with such misplaced venom and outrage that it makes me despair.

So, for the hard of thinking, let me state here that: I did the interview with Andy Murray and Tim Henman a couple of years back where Murray talked about 'supporting whoever England were playing against'.

It was a clearly a sarcastic remark. He was responding to teasing from your columnist about Scotland's absence from the 2006 World Cup and derisive laughter from the mischievous Henman.

It was reported in that context in this newspaper at the time and the exchange was run as a transcript.

A couple of days later a red-top got excited about the comments, lifted a couple of them into a 'story' that took on a life of its own and from there the truth was lost.

It is astonishing how this has run and run.

An extremely talented columnist pal of mine declared unequivocally the other day that: 'I don't think his remarks about England were a joke. There are some people who just don't like the English and I believe in my marrow that Murray is one of them.'

Based on what?

I did the interview - and it was a joke, as I have said before. And what marrows have to do with it I don't know, but it is certainly time to call a halt when vegetables like David Mellor pop up on the Today programme to lecture Murray about how to wave a Union Flag.

Read
    more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1033143/Des-Kelly-Federer-8217-s-winner-taking-defeat-like-man-son.html#ixzz1CKScOYIx

I think they guy who did the interview would know if it was out of context or not, people just use it as a wild attack to hate him.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm taking what's known in the game as the 'Rothko approach' of wanting him to win primarily to pee off those who want him to lose !

This. : - )
  • Options
    I can’t believe people still trot out the “he hates the English” line. Hasn’t he explained himself enough times ? Hasn’t he explained that his grandmother is English, that his girlfriend is English, that his coaches are by enlarge English ?

To base your entire opinion of someone on one stupid joke that got taken out of context is completely ridiculous – in fact it appears your looking for a reason to hate rather than support.
  • Options
    Come on Djokovic!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite]Let me return to the topic of Andy Murray and this whole anti-English argument for what I truly hope is the last time - although I doubt it.

Some of the nonsensical criticism Britain's No 1 has received is laced with such misplaced venom and outrage that it makes me despair.

So, for the hard of thinking, let me state here that: I did the interview with Andy Murray and Tim Henman a couple of years back where Murray talked about 'supporting whoever England were playing against'.

It was a clearly a sarcastic remark. He was responding to teasing from your columnist about Scotland's absence from the 2006 World Cup and derisive laughter from the mischievous Henman.

It was reported in that context in this newspaper at the time and the exchange was run as a transcript.

A couple of days later a red-top got excited about the comments, lifted a couple of them into a 'story' that took on a life of its own and from there the truth was lost.

An extremely talented columnist pal of mine declared unequivocally the other day that: 'I don't think his remarks about England were a joke. There are some people who just don't like the English and I believe in my marrow that Murray is one of them.'

Based on what?

I did the interview - and it was a joke, as I have said before. And what marrows have to do with it I don't know, but it is certainly time to call a halt when vegetables like David Mellor pop up on the Today programme to lecture Murray about how to wave a Union Flag.

Read
    more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1033143/Des-Kelly-Federer-8217-s-winner-taking-defeat-like-man-son.html#ixzz1CKScOYIx
    />
    I think they guy who did the interview would know if it was out of context or not, people just use it as a wild attack to hate him.

LOL Game, set and match as I believe they say.

Still don't really care either way who wins the outdoor ping-pong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite]Let me return to the topic of Andy Murray and this whole anti-English argument for what I truly hope is the last time - although I doubt it.

Based on what?

Read
    more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1033143/Des-Kelly-Federer-8217-s-winner-taking-defeat-like-man-son.html#ixzz1CKScOYIx
    />

It's in the Daily Mail all lies blah, blah, blah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite][div class=CommentHeader][span]quote# 36[/span][/div][div class=CommentBody id=CommentBody_865292]Let me return to the topic of Andy Murray and this whole anti-English argument for what I truly hope is the last time - although I doubt it.[/div]

So you think all of Scotland will be cheering on England next time they play do You ?

Not a chance, they will be praying that we lose. As you know !
  • Options
    so it's not just murray but all scottish people that you don't like?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Based on what?

Read
    />

It's in the Daily Mail all lies blah, blah, blah

I thought that was the Guardian.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite][div class=CommentHeader][span]quote# 36[/span][/div][div class=CommentBody id=CommentBody_865292]Let me return to the topic of Andy Murray and this whole anti-English argument for what I truly hope is the last time - although I doubt it.[/div]

So you think all of Scotland will be cheering on England next time they play do You ?

Not a chance, they will be praying that we lose. As you know !

but this is about one man.

if lee westwood was leading the open at st andrews do you think the crowd would be cheering him on. of course they would as you know!
  • Options
    Ahh

But Lee Westwood is a nice bloke !!

Makes a difference ! Just like Monty we would cheer him on, But Murray is a different kettle of fish. As you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Ahh

But Lee Westwood is a nice bloke !!

Makes a difference ! Just like Monty we would cheer him on, But Murray is a different kettle of fish. As you know.

based on?
  • Options
    What we see, what we read Etc Etc
  • Options
    Bloody racists!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Bloody racists!

tell me about it, I was just getting over the whole sexism uproar that has just shook the nation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Bloody racists!

This

Admin Close the thread and send out a strong worded post about the Ism's broken in this thread

Angry from Nth London

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    has we won yet?
  • Options
    Nah about to choke.
  • Options
    who won what

i thought this was the i hate all people apart from English people thread

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]What we see, what we read Etc Etc

lol brilliant examples
  • Options
    Murray 2 sets to 1 up 4-4 in the fourth last I heard.
  • Options
    We all have an opinion !!

And on the Murray issue, I don't think I'm alone.

IMHO I think Andy Murray is unpopular in England

That is my opinion, but I think it is shared by others

Can you dispute that ?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]We all have an opinion !!

Can you dispute that ?

Doesn't make you right though.

ValleyGary didn't ask if you hated him but why and on what evidence?
  • Options
    Its tennis ,who cares!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]We all have an opinion !!

Can you dispute that ?

Doesn't make you right though.

ValleyGary didn't asked if you hated him but why and on what evidence?

Not sure I ever said I hate anyone !

He's just not someone I feel I can cheer for. I don't think I'm alone in that. Look at earlier posts on this thread.
  • Options
    6-5 Ferrer in the 4th