Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****STOP PRESS***** 29 jan - ROCHDALE OFF*******

13»

Comments

• The thing that bugged me was the timing of the pitch inspection, if the referee was already there what was to prevent him inspecting the pitch at 6am, before the Charlton fans set off, surely the pitch was as frozen at 6am as it was at 9am...

Still, had a good day out in Leeds and they've quite a few pints less than there was a day ago...
  • Airman,

All I would add is that on the "If you're going to Rochdale clap your hands thread", I pointed out on Thursday that accoring to the "Metcheck" site, (which I would say is far more reliable than the BBC weather site), it was going to be -6 in Rochdale Friday night and +1 on Saturday.

Therefore, to me there was a considerable doubt. However, I checked Rochdale, Charlton, Sky & BBC sites before departing and there was zero mention of anything. I got a phone call from a mate as we approached Milton Keynes on the train. Ok so we left on the 09.20 from Euston and it made no difference, but to others it did make a difference.

Isuggest Charlton also use Metcheck as well as BBC.

Only trying to help :-)
  • edited January 2011
    link

Somewhat appropriate IMO
  • Got on the coach at 8am at Bromley and heard the news that the game was off not long after we turned on to the M25. I felt a bit sorry for the families with kids who came as there's little chance that they'll be able to go to the rearranged game.

In a classic bit of sods law, I parked in the Bromley North station car park and paid £5 up front for all day parking. For all previous away games at I'd parked at the nearby multi-storey which you pay for at the end of the day. If I'd gone in there it would only've cost me 80p! Just one of those days I suppose.