Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***********Sodje Gone****************

Comments

• Options
    A bit limited, but always gave 100%. Certainly unfortunate with his various injuries. I hope he does well up there.

Good luck Akpo!
  • Options
    All the best Akpo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

..... would have preferred Abbot went

Abbott gets a lot of stick on here, rightly or wrongly ...... although he's another one who hasn't really had a decent run of matches in the team. Maybe he's not always been the hardest worker, and earlier in the season seemed to be carrying a bit of lard - but he seems leaner and fitter now.

One thing he does have is an ability to read the play, moving off the ball and opening up space for others to exploit. As his playing record indicates, there's a bit of a footballer in there and a thinking footballing brain.

We haven't seen the best of him yet.
  • Options
    A bit like Leaburn in one regard in that you always knew he was on the pitch, he didn't fade into the background like platoons of our strikers in the last 4-5 years did. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Good Luck Akpo.

Better than Abbott and possibly Benson. His goal at Yeovil last year. His work rate against Swindon when we had 9 men was unbelievable and his winner against Leeds were worth the wages alone. 7 goals from 12 starts not 2 bad either

Who will the next player that the moaners decide is a waste of space.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Disagree.

Shocking technique with no finishing ability.....and also summed up our pisspoor scouting at the time.

If he's so good why has CP got shot of him so quickly?

A Non league player off to the Scottish Conference.
    He's not particularly good. I never said he was. But this season, before the takeover, we were a club paying and average of £2k a week. He was a squad player at best, which is exactly what we signed him to be. Paying around £2k a week I just don't think we'd have found someone significantly better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]A bit limited, but always gave 100%. Certainly unfortunate with his various injuries. I hope he does well up there.

Good luck Akpo!

echoed

A shame as I think physically and mentally he's got everything, just technique really lets him down

All the best Akpo, big opportunity for you
  • Options
    Good luck Akpo and to Hibs. I thought I remembered they hadn't finished at all badly in the 2009/2010 season. Just checked finished 4th. Someone raid the spine of the team?

Hope the results pick up and our Akpo becomes a regular starter and scores a bundle for you mcaitchi. Could do far worse.
  • Options
    I think he's going to the sort of league where he can thrive, it should suit his style of play. Good luck Akpo, some great memories (LEEDS!) and all the best. Let's hope this spurs Abbot on to really make a claim.
  • Options
    When he's come on as a sub this season he has always caused problems, he even got a few chances against Spurs.

He is better and makes a bigger impact than Abbott, think Powell has got rid of the wrong striker imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like both Hibs and Akpo, but don't see this ending well.

Some poor comments on here, we always say that we expect players to do their best in the shirt and he played through the pain on a number of occasions. It rarely had much finesse but his goals/minutes on the pitch was good and I never heard a whine about his lack of starts, so hardly deserving of the bile.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]When he's come on as a sub this season he has always caused problems, he even got a few chances against Spurs.

He is better and makes a bigger impact than Abbott, think Powell has got rid of the wrong striker imo

Works both ways though, other clubs need to want the player, maybe no one wanted Abbott.
  • Options
    Says in the telegraph we got £300,000 for him???????? surely that ain't right.
    and people think liverpool have paid over the odds for carroll.
  • Options
    I think £300 would be pushing it...............OS says free transfer
  • Options
    I'd have kept him over Abbott all day long
  • Options
    Assist for Hibs' first goal tonight
  • Options
    The good thing about him going to Hubs is we won't getting 6,000 dull posts from the wet blankets droning on about how he'll score against us......
  • Options
    "We've got no Sodjes
    Erm... Something that rhymes with that
    We've got no Sodjes
    I'm rather sad as I thought they were decent blokes"

Good luck Akpo, show those Jock defenders how we tackle down south!
  • Options
    Played 69 minutes for Hibernian tonight helping them to a 2-0 home victory over basement rivals St Mirren

He flicked on for Derek Riordan to finish for Hibs' 1st goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I like both Hibs and Akpo, but don't see this ending well.

Some poor comments on here, we always say that we expect players to do their best in the shirt and he played through the pain on a number of occasions. It rarely had much finesse but his goals/minutes on the pitch was good and I never heard a whine about his lack of starts, so hardly deserving of the bile.
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I'd have kept him over Abbott all day long
    both of these
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that in an ideal world Powell would have kept Sodje because he offered something different but perhaps we needed to free up some money to allow us to bring in the three new blokes. Abbott may still go out on loan somewhere too if someone really wants hims.

PS: Anyinsah's only got three league goals and could be the next one to slide down the pecking order.
  • Options
    One goal in every 15 is certainly different.
  • Options
    Scored again last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Scored again last night.

Prolific
  • Options
    Still disappointed he went, not saying he'd make a difference but when we lump it forward like we do its always better to have some lump to aim at. Good luck to him, seemed leaner and fitter this year and won us a few points hussling defenders.
  • Options
    Won a pen that resulted in a red card in the derby today.
  • Options
    yea I just saw it on Sky Sports News, I really hope Hearts keep getting better, I mean that league is just Celtic and Rangers with Hearts a step below, and then everyone else a step below Hearts. Be great if they could challenge for the title and mix it up a bit
  • Options
    But he plays for Hibs WD
  • Options
    ah yea i know i was just saying
  • Options
    Akpoe scored today for Hibs, who lost after fat boy Hasselbainks nephew scored