Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What match number is it tonight?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
My season tickets in a bit of a mess, have voucher numbers 11 and 13 hanging loose inside the book and the next one to tear out is 15! What matches were 11 / 13? (postponements?) and are we on 15 tonight? Thanks.

Comments

• They will tell you at the gate this evening mate
  • It's a bit of a mess, you just know at some point it has the potential to go horribly wrong.
  • I just dont understand why they dont just use the numbers in chronological order, that would make much more sense.
  • 11 Is Soton and 13 is Carlisle
  • [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]11 Is Soton and 13 is Carlisle

nice one, so 15 tonight then.
  • Definitely 15.

There are reasons we stick to the original sequence, but it hasn't helped that they haven't always been displayed correctly outside the ground.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]11 Is Soton and 13 is Carlisle

nice one, so 15 tonight then.

Yes 15 I was panicking when I looked at the state of my book at the Plymouth game I was adamant the bloke ripped the wrong number out, until I asked the bloke in front of me :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Definitely 15.

There are reasons we stick to the original sequence, but it hasn't helped that they haven't always been displayed correctly outside the ground.

yeah im sure at the north west quad gate there used to be a display with the match number shown and that hasn't been about for the last couple of seasons
  • Ah Nicholas, you're one of those who doesnt have the ability to rip out a ticket yourself thus holding up the queue...
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ah Nicholas, you're one of those who doesnt have the ability to rip out a ticket yourself thus holding up the queue...

oh don't , definitely a pet hate .... farking pull it out you c...........
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Definitely 15.

I got tripped up by this the other week. And it wasn't helped by the ticket collector then talking to me as if I was stupid.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ah Nicholas, you're one of those who doesnt have the ability to rip out a ticket yourself thus holding up the queue...
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ah Nicholas, you're one of those who doesnt have the ability to rip out a ticket yourself thus holding up the queue...

Barstewards. I always rip my ticket 3 quarters of the way with the book open for a clean easy tear out by the turnstyle folk. On this occasion I cant answer for my actions Sorry
  • Hang on - do we need to save the missed ones. I have missed some games this year so thought that if I hadn't used a slip it wasn't any use now. I wondered why 13 wasn't for the last game but thought maybe it had been used as a voucher for an away game. Hope I haven't thrown it away.
  • [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ah Nicholas, you're one of those who doesnt have the ability to rip out a ticket yourself thus holding up the queue...
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

Barstewards. I always rip my ticket 3 quarters of the way with the book open for a clean easy tear out by the turnstyle folk. On this occasion I cant answer for my actions Sorry

I'm with Nicholas. I do this ever since one steward made me report to the office to have my season ticket checked because I had not shown him the book when I handed him the ticket.

see this was my downfall and why I have the vouchers all over the place.
  • The official method should be....have it ripped three quarters....then rip it out YOURSELF in front of turnstile matey (thus showing him the book). If you time it right, you won't even have to break stride and you've done your bit for crowd safety/comfort! Try it and you'll never look back.
  • [cite]Posted By: sasha_saves[/cite]Hang on - do we need to save the missed ones. I have missed some games this year so thought that if I hadn't used a slip it wasn't any use now. I wondered why 13 wasn't for the last game but thought maybe it had been used as a voucher for an away game. Hope I haven't thrown it away.

You need the saved ones.
  • [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]The official method should be....have it ripped three quarters....then rip it out YOURSELF in front of turnstile matey (thus showing him the book). If you time it right, you won't even have to break stride and you've done your bit for crowd safety/comfort! Try it and you'll never look back.

Text book.

Maybe get Choice to video it as a training aid?

The Superstore could then sell it as a DVD.

What title would it have though?
  • And who would play the lead role? I'd go for Dennis. (obviously Robert Lee would be the efficient turnstile operative).
  • [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]And who would play the lead role? I'd go for Dennis. (obviously Robert Lee would be the efficient turnstile operative).

Let's get to work on the script:

Scene 1: A turnstile

Our hero (for it is he): "Ah, another home game. How optimistic I feel now that we have new ownership, a new management team and one or two new players about to make their debuts in front of a bumper crowd.

But what is this? A queue a mile long as the Valley faithful (ahem) renew their love affair with the Club. And, with only minutes to go before kick-off, it's going to take some fancy ticket work by myself and the courteous Robert Lee to get into the ground ere BWP nets his first goal."
  • Sponsored links:

• "....and for me and my compatriots to have sufficient time for a comfort break, on account of having been in the boozer for two and a half hours (to quell pre-match nerves)...."

We've got to have a slight twist to the plot now...some sort of disorder perhaps?
  • Were going to be in the pub from about 4 so tonight might not be the best game to watch me rip my ticket out :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Maybe get Choice to video it as a training aid?

Ripping Yarns?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Maybe get Choice to video it as a training aid?

Ripping Yarns?

It's good.

I wondered about 'Turnstile and I'. Or maybe 'Enter the North Stand'?

Gate Expectations?
  • Perhaps we could get Robin Askwith out of retirement to make Concessions of a Turnstyle Operator
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Perhaps we could get Robin Askwith out of retirement to make Concessions of a Turnstyle Operator

Inspired!

I now fancy 'Carry on Entering' with Charles Hawtrey as the hapless punter.
  • Perhaps we could replace the turnstyle operators with Naughty by Nature, who could then quiz those of a certain age 'Are you an OAP ?'

Don't expect you to get that one Dave !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Perhaps we could replace the turnstyle operators with Naughty by Nature, who could then quiz those of a certain age 'Are you an OAP ?'

Don't expect you to get that one Dave !

Ahem ... that would be a pun on 'OPP' then, AFKA?
  • top googling Mr Rudd :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]The official method should be....have it ripped three quarters....then rip it out YOURSELF in front of turnstile matey (thus showing him the book). If you time it right, you won't even have to break stride and you've done your bit for crowd safety/comfort! Try it and you'll never look back.

Shall I reach over and press the button to release the gate for them as well...?