Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Colchester Utd - 1 February 2011: Preview and Poll

2»

Comments

• Same as Dazzler, with the potential to look at Fry at CB later in the game if things are going well, bringing on Bessone for his debut.
  • What we have seen in the January games is Ally Mac playing narrow forming a CM triangle with Racon, and Semedo sitting behind.

That has made us much more competitive in CM, denying opposition time and space on the ball in that critical area.
    And given our ageing CBs the protection they need, without the defensive line needing to be so deep.
  • We never win when I go by train.

1-1 Mooney to score a penalty that he gets by diving.
  • edited February 2011
    Now Oggy I have accounted for the loss of Ally Mac's Triangles by bringing fry into the middle of defence and putting new boy Bessone in at LB

I believe this gives our CB's that bit of much needed pace. Having Waggy and Jackson (if fit) playing allows two of our highest scorers to get in some attacking but they both also track back alot. I have also gone with both BWP and Anyinsah up top for pace and goals Anyinsah's flick ons will be more likely to be scored with BWP up top with him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We never win when I go by train.

1-1 Mooney to score a penalty that he gets by diving.

Well bloody walk then :-)
  • Home win.

But I expect a scrappy game, we never seem to play well after a break, but the players should at least be refreshed and BWP closer to full fitness.
  • [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]Elliot
    Francis Daily Fry Bessone
    Waggy Racon Jackson Reid
    Ayinsah BWP

I'd go with this but put Semedo at right back in place of Francis. Can't believe we haven't bought a central midfield player.
  • Hopeful of a win and keep chrissy 100% record, think it will be a tight affair though, be interesting to see who lines up up top and at the back, due to the cancelled game on sat the whole squad should have had plenty of time to bond although they really need some game time under their belts
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]Elliot
    Francis Daily Fry Bessone
    Waggy Racon Jackson Reid
    Ayinsah BWP

I'd go with this but put Semedo at right back in place of Francis. Can't believe we haven't bought a central midfield player.
    We dont need one?

We have Racon, Jackson, Semedo and McOxo all able to play there and all are (just about) good enough
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Now Oggy I have accounted for the loss of Ally Mac's Triangles by bringing fry into the middle of defence and putting new boy Bessone in at LB

Righto, Gaffer.
    Sorry I missed training this morning, I'm learning to be a TV pundit.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Give Jackson a try then because the other 3 of created naff all at home all season. Not sure how a new left back and a pacey forward is going to properly address that.

• Elliot
    Francis-Dailly-Doherty-Fry
    Semedo
    Waggy-Racon-Jackson
    --Anyinsah-BWP--
  • straightforward home win tonight. nothing really to note other than mooney working his arse off to make a point and good luck to him but still won't help him get onto the score sheet.

3-0 masterclass.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southend Addick[/cite]
    We never win when I go by train.

lol, be grateful mate. We never win when i go !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southend Addick[/cite]

I was thinking about this earlier today - back in the late 80s when we were in Division One (old money) and struggling I went to around 25 games home and away and didn't see a single win all season. Every game a draw or defeat.

Can anyone beat that?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southend Addick[/cite]

Send your missus to the game instead, please AFKA?
    In the interests of a Charlton promotion push.

Thank you.
  • we will nick it by the odd goal in 11

or we will win 34- 6 after being 2 nil down after 15 mins
  • Excellent preview.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I was thinking about this earlier today - back in the late 80s when we were in Division One (old money) and struggling I went to around 25 games home and away and didn't see a single win all season. Every game a draw or defeat.

Can anyone beat that?

From our Prem days in 2006, I never saw Charlton lose a match home or away for around 35 games.
    There were some close calls, like Nicky Bailey's 93rd minute equaliser at Swindon last season.

But my talisman luck finally ran out one rotten windy rainswept night at a morgue of a Valley.
    Lost 2-1 at home to a fast improving Brighton last February.
  • I'm going for a 5-1 charlton win (BWP brace) the crowd to sing their hearts out and everyone to get soaking wet on there way out of the ground after the match, now ...... Is it a rollover this saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• We should win tonight.
  • Can't go tonight so fully expecting a 5-0 victory. Mind you, last game i missed was Brighton and we all know how that went.
  • Is Jackson fit to play tonight ? He was doubtful for Rochdale.

Frys loan ends on the 5th Feb.Any news on this ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Can't go tonight so fully expecting a 5-0 victory. Mind you, last game i missed was Brighton and we all know how that went.

please go lol
  • 5-3 u heard it here first.
    I hope BWP starts along with Anyinsah or Eccleston, really think we can win this but maybe not 5-3
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcsinger[/cite]5-3 u heard it here first.
    I hope BWP starts along with Anyinsah or Eccleston, really think we can win this but maybe not 5-3

5-4?
  • 5-0 locked on
  • 2-1 Charlton win

Elliot, Francis, Dailly, Fry, Bessone, Wagstaff, Racon, Semedo, Jackson, BWP, Benson SUBS: worner, doc, c jenk, k reid, mcormack, eccelstone, anyinsah

Bessone and BWP to mark their debuts i goal scoring fashion
  • 3-1 Charlton Waggy 1st, bwp 2nd, eccleston 3rd