Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre match routine . . . All Change . . .

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Not that I don't trust Chris Powell to get things going tonight !

However, I can't remember the last time I saw Charlton win at The Valley under floodlights ! I know that the play off V Swindon we actually won but I can't count that as the overwhelming sense of disappointment has ruled that out of my memory box as a win.

So I have decided to do something about it. I have changed my pre match routine,

I've come home early
I'm having a bath ( never do that before a night game )
Different pants
Different socks ( tossed my regular match day socks & pants) in the bin )
I'm going to get the train from a different station
I'm not going to drink the John Smiths

Wish me luck !!!!

Comments

• Every time i have ever worn a t-shirt saying 'Arise Sir Chris Powell' on it on match day, Charlton have always won...
    I think ill stick with that one... (along with the socks and pants ofcourse...)
  • What you do before a match has nothing to do with how the game pans out.

Although I am worried that Francis will now have a bad game because you are having a bath.
  • Kingston, could an early birth be a sign that someone will get sent off tonight ???
  • No you miss the point !

It's not an Early Bath It's a bath !!!!!! Never before on a evening match day.

I'm now more hopeful than ever , probably since I switched to a belt instead of braces.

My mum has just rung to tell me she is going to watch Sky Score Centre tonight with one eye shut !! That should do it now. COYR's
  • Looks like your pre-match preparation has been thought through and is very thorough.

But you've forgotten to mention one important thing -remember not to walk on the cracks in the pavement on the way to the station.
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]No you miss the point !

It's not an Early Bath It's a bath !!!!!!

You posted 20 minutes ago you were having a bath ("you having a bath?" "is he having a bath??")

that would mean you were having a bath at 14.30 in the afternoon.

Everyone knows that rule 63 in the unwritten rules of life that adult bathing hours are situated between 19:00 and 21.30.

So yes, it is an 'early bath'.

And you watch pal, when someone is sent off tonight i'll be bumping this thread like the reincarnation of Nostradamus.

And he liked a bath. Or was that Archimedes :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Different pants
    Different socks ( tossed my regular match day socks & pants) in the bin )

I thought all proper Charlton supporters went 'Commando' to games......?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]No you miss the point !

It's not an Early Bath It's a bath !!!!!!

You posted 20 minutes ago you were having a bath ("you having a bath?" "is he having a bath??")

that would mean you were having a bath at 14.30 in the afternoon.

Everyone knows that rule 63 in the unwritten rules of life that adult bathing hours are situated between 19:00 and 21.30.

So yes, it is an 'early bath'.

And you watch pal, when someone is sent off tonight i'll be bumping this thread like the reincarnation of Nostradamus.

No that'd be Marat
  • In our Sellout days, I accidentily fell into a bush on my way to the ground and we had a convincing victory so I fell into it again on purpose and we won again but not so well, by the third game- I fell into it again, but it's powers had truly run out and we lost the game. I suppose I was slightly relieved in a way.
  • I did this against Plimuff. Decided to break with routine and go down Broad Walk instead of up it. 100% success rate.

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Just phoned Powelly to let him know about the new arrangements ! he was chuffed to bits, and said " It takes a lot of pressure off "

He added that he hoped others would follow suit ! He mentioned NLA who he said definitely needs an early bath !
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I accidentily fell into a bush on my way to the ground

yeah yeah yeah..... ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I accidentily fell into a bush

A bit like Valley Gary and his Kim the Quim?
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]He mentioned NLA who he said definitely needs an early bath !

Agreed. Personal hygiene is important.

;o)
  • I changed scarfs when Powell started so it's gonna be fine tonight.
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]tossed my regular match day socks & pants

Classy.
  • If I'd fallen into the type of bush you are referring to, I might have given it more of a chance to recoup it's powers and not give up after the defeat.
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]No you miss the point !

It's not an Early Bath It's a bath !!!!!! Never before on a evening match day.

I'm now more hopeful than ever , probably since I switched to a belt instead of braces.

My mum has just rung to tell me she is going to watch Sky Score Centre tonight with one eye shut !! That should do it now. COYR's

I wondered what the smell was.
  • Vindication !

Old socks and pants are history.

Now, what do I do about the bath routine for a Saturday game ????
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Old socks and pants are history.

I bet you've fished them out of the laundry basket ......and 'recycling' them today?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I accidentily fell into a bush

A bit like Valley Gary and his Kim the Quim?

Now this did make me lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Nostradamus.

Nah. He liked a screw ;-)