Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Konchesky anyone ?

Looks like he is enjoying life under Curbs once more ........ http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78894

Comments

• Options
    no point now we have Thatcher.

Our priorities lie elsewhere.
  • Options
    bobby orangeboom doesn't appear to rate him.
  • Options
    Why doesn't Konchesky numb nuts ever accept that he's a far better midfielder than full back?

He's a liability at full back but can do the biz in midfield.

And as a midfielder, I'd love to see him back at Charlton.
  • Options
    I'd have him back - he's not the sharpest pencil but fights for the cause and can put a mean ball into the box which is something we so desperately need at the moment-

but it needs to be up the field, not as left back.

Curbs doesn't do "let bygones be bygones", ask Mark Robson! so he's better of out of there!
  • Options
    Sorry Stanmore, what do you mean "ask Mark Robson"?
  • Options
    Or Gary Nelson....
  • Options
    Or Greg Shields, Jason Euell et al.
  • Options
    Errr, if this is supposed to be a list of people that Curbs fell out with and put into exile then you can take Robson and Nelson off for starters.

Robson did not have a row with Curbs, he just got supplanted in the team by Robinson and Newton.

Nelson did not have a barney either, he just got older and older. He even got recalled for the 2nd leg of the Play Off final against Palace at Selhurst (his last game for us), so there was no freeze-out there.

Not sure about Shields either, he just got replaced by Kish and then others came in as well and Curbs decided he probably was not up to Premiership standard.

Fair enough, Euell, David Whyte, The Elk, Konch and maybe a couple of others.
  • Options
    I'd have Konch back if he accepted he came back to play central/left midfield, he is not a full back, how he has two caps for England....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Errr, if this is supposed to be a list of people that Curbs fell out with and put into exile then you can take Robson and Nelson off for starters.

Robson did not have a row with Curbs, he just got supplanted in the team by Robinson and Newton.

Nelson did not have a barney either, he just got older and older. He even got recalled for the 2nd leg of the Play Off final against Palace at Selhurst (his last game for us), so there was no freeze-out there.

Not sure about Shields either, he just got replaced by Kish and then others came in as well and Curbs decided he probably was not up to Premiership standard.

Fair enough, Euell, David Whyte, The Elk, Konch and maybe a couple of others.

Shields was dropped when he was playing pretty well and so he asked Curbishley why he had been dropped. Curbishley accused him of having an attitude problem and he never played for us again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly, Barny.
  • Options
    the last post. "When he obviously was told he wasnt playing last night him and Mears came out to the car park, i was stood behind his car and my old man shouted at him "is there something better on the box tonight paul?", Laughing Anyway he came over to sign the blokes programe next to me and was talking to us, seemed a decent bloke even if he's not the best left back! We asked why he wasnt playing and his exact words were, "The bloke doesnt like me and never has, we dont even talk to each other." The bloke next to me asked if he was leaving today and he said "I dont think so"."

blimey. he must have been gutted when curbs became the manager.
  • Options
    Shields had major hernia problems twice i believe..
  • Options
    Why would we want him back?? Wouldn't play midfield for the Mighty Reds, went to Spurs on loan and proceeded to play wherever he was told to - Midfield! A hammer through and through - would he heave the committment / motivation to play for us again.

Obviously has a problem with Alan C - Millwall next for Konch? Mind you, if he hangs in there at WHU, there's a chance that Curbs could be shown the door before him...
  • Options
    Saw Gary Nelson at a City Addicks meet many moons ago plus read the book - the basic point was that every manager falls out with people but Curbs doesn't often get them back onside. I think Curbs had enough of Konchesky when he made all his noise about Spurs, big club etc.

Having said that Curbs did a great job for us and pulled us out of freefall as recently as November 2005 when he dropped 5 or 6 to grind out some results - the point is at West Ham, Konchesky was a star for them last year and the team had something that is obviously missing (apart from Ashton) - After his first game (the 1-0 vs Man U) we all thought we were in trouble but now we are in the mix - I don't know what the betting is but with the best manager and best keeper (and Reid and Bent to come back) I'm looking forward to our Feb games and planning my first away game out of London for some years
  • Options
    konch can do one, he is awful
  • Options
    Sorry Barn Door, did not know about Shields falling out with Curbs, I just thought he got eased out.