Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will my wife now become a Charlton fan?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
My wife, who's Argentinian, only ever watches football if there's an Argentinian playing. If Man City are on I let her know so that she can see her beloved 'Carlito.' I've said to her many times that she will have to support Charlton if we ever buy an Argentinian and I think she will. Look out for an Argentine flag down The Valley next season if this deal becomes permanent.

Comments

• sorry to say but i hope it doesnt turn into a deal. i really feel for Matt Fry i believe he gives us alot more at left back than the argentine. the worst thing about it is that when ever he gets the ball he needs to cut back in on to his right foot. Poor decision to get him in i feel.
  • Poor decision to get him in i feel.

Better not tell jimmymelroses wife !
  • [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]Poor decision to get him in i feel.
    Why's that? Too early to judge him as a player. West Ham could decide they want Fry back rather than extend his loan for the rest of the season. We'd then have no left back.
  • Bessone was my MOM last night for the first hour

I feel for Fry and want to see him stay and be tried at CB but there's no doubt Bessone was composed and a good and sensible distributor of the ball and that is having not played a game for an age and day 2 at the club. Very impressive.
  • Thought Bessone had an excellent debut. Him & Semedo were the stand out players for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I've said to her many times that she will have to support Charlton if we ever buy an Argentinian and I think she will.

Don't do it to her, Jimmy ........or a life of pain and moaning awaits her.

;o)
  • I thought Bessone had good game, but didn't impress me enough to justify the dropping of Fry. Perhaps more pertinently, Jackson had his least effective game for some time, possibly missing his partner on the left.
  • I thought Bessone had an excellent game, especially when you consider he's only played 8 games this season & none for some time I think.
    I like Fry too, but he has struggled sometimes lately. At Sheff W he was all over the place 2nd half & looked very nervous. He was also poor at Colchester, which he admitted himself. It may be to do with him playing so many 1st team games at a young age. Anyway I'm not knocking Matt Fry I like him a lot, but I think Bessone needs to be given a run. Fry may be returning to W Ham after Saturday's game in any case.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I've said to her many times that she will have to support Charlton if we ever buy an Argentinian and I think she will.

Don't do it to her, Jimmy ........or a life of pain and moaning awaits her.

;o)

Too late. She's already married to Jimmy so has Golfie and Large as brothers in law : - )
  • Can't believe you didn't have it as a condition in the pre-nups.