Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reid

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Just from watching Reid on the touchline, doesn't look very happy! Shame he's not starting.. Opinions?

Comments

• think he would have come on if we hadnt of scored. Jackson wasnt very good tonight.
  • edited February 2011
    Problem for Reid is that Jackson has added good balance and a lot of goals from the left. Could he be dropped? Maybe he could be moved into the middle?

Think if Reid was to come back in, maybe we would play McCormack on the right like against Sheff Wed/Plymouth as not sure if our CM's (whatever combination of two) are suited to playing with two wingers Waggy and Reid either side. McCormack would keep the balance.

Reid is undoubtedly one of the more talented wingers in the league, however when the time comes, he certainly has a point to prove.
  • Glad he is unhappy as it means the next chance he gets he'll have to take it and make sure he can't be dropped. Can still see him playing a big role for the rest of the season, all he needs is to get a bit of confidence back, Jackson wasn't that impressive tonight.
  • Should've come on for Jackson with at least half hour to go, JJ was very poor tonight
  • JJ is never going past his man he hasn't the pace for me at home reid should be given a chance.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Problem for Reid is that Jackson has added good balance and a lot of goals from the left. Could he be dropped? Maybe he could be moved into the middle?

Think if Reid was to come back in, maybe we would play McCormack on the right like against Sheff Wed/Plymouth as not sure if our CM's (whatever combination of two) are suited to playing with two wingers Waggy and Reid either side. McCormack would keep the balance.

Reid is undoubtedly one of the more talented wingers in the league, however when the time comes, he certainly has a point to prove.

Personally I think this could be worth a go. Maybe too attacking but I have faith that this formation would score a few themselves and create for the strikers:

Jackson
    Reid Wagstaff/McCormack
    Semedo
  • I don't get why everyone clamours for him to start every game and then try and set up teams and formations to accommodate him, truth be told he's no impact so far this season, and therefore he doesn't deserve to start, simple as. When he comes on as a sub he needs to show he can make an impact and a contribution and he hasn't so far
  • He doesn't last 90 anyway and offers nothing in defence (which Jackson does).

Jackson all day for me.
  • only problem is jackson cant skin a potato so offers very little going forward, reid is much more dangerous