Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell article on BBC Sport

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/02/chris_powell.html#282595

Comments

• Its an excellent read.
  • Great read and Matty H speaks highly of his old mucker as well, and he does have a temper then, thats good to hear in my opinion.
  • Great article. So many plus points.
  • Late kick off - from 21 mins

Interview with Bright and Powell.
  • some great stuff reported there...
  • Looks like he's yawning in that picture there, but sure he's nailing commands to the defence to keep that clean sheet intact. ;o)
  • edited February 2011
    <"The biggest skill as a manager now is man-management," added Holland. "He was a top professional. He was always on time and nobody worked harder in training. Even when he was in his mid-to-late 30s he was still in the top few players at the club in all the running sessions. He looked after his body and will expect the same standards from his team."

Holland recalls Powell losing his temper both on the pitch and in the dressing room when things were going badly and is confident that the new manager will be anything but a soft touch.>

I know the toughness of his training regime was hotly disputed by some when he first returned. But MH's comments about him not being a soft touch rings true.

Was told last night he has reintroduced fines for being late and other minor misdemeanours by players, which the old regime had dropped as being too authoritarian. Anyone else heard that?
  • A response to the article from Andy Ansah:

BBC is Chris Powell to nice to be a manager?
    As a friend and as a former room mate when we played at SUFC,I can Honestly say that CP is a winner who possess all the man management skills to succeed as a manager and his knowledge of the game and enthusiasm to learn on a daily basis about the game globally tells me and should tell the #CAFC fans that he has what it takes to be a very good manager. Being nice should not be seen as a weakness if it is then the world is becoming a crazy place?
    #CAFC fan Andy Ansah
  • Thought I'd bump this as was excellent. Both the original article & the link on quote 5 to Powell being interviewed by Mark Bright.