Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yeovil on Saturday ......who's going, where are we meeting up, etc?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Tickets cheap enough, £16.

Train from Waterloo to Yeovil Junction doesn't take too long.

Comments

• Oggy got our tickets last night... I take it you went down there last year, where is good to meet up and have a few drinks mate? Still not decided on arriving 10.38 or 11.38 as CPM didn't go last night
  • Last year most people came on Curb_It's clit coach .....and the Lifer's met up at her mate's pub, in a village just outside Yeovil.

So this year, dunno ......let's see what everybody else wants to do?
  • Anyone know the weather forecast?
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Anyone know the weather forecast?

Glorious spring sunshine, 12 degrees.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]http://www.footballgroundguide.com/yeovil_town/

Are you spending the entire 2nd half again in the coach, drinking someone else's wine, Moggy?

;o)
  • if its anything like the west country today then not very good!! according to the ticket office theyre sending 500 back..how many were we allocated?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Anyone know the weather forecast?

Glorious spring sunshine, 12 degrees.

So this year we won't be able to see. Beautiful.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    So this year we won't be able to see. Beautiful.

It won't matter when we win.

Party time. See you there!
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]http://www.footballgroundguide.com/yeovil_town/

Are you spending the entire 2nd half again in the coach, drinking someone else's wine, Moggy?

;o)

Still drying out from last year Og !
    & I don't drink wine.... the real culprit was O..............

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I bought some terrace tickets last night and they were numbered about 390 odd

I don't know if the numbering on the terrace tickets includes the seats, but I seriously doubt it as they are in a different section so assuming we've sold the majority of the seats (we have 365) that is about 600ish sold so far.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I bought some terrace tickets last night and they were numbered about 390 odd

I don't know if the numbering on the terrace tickets includes the seats, but I seriously doubt it as they are in a different section so assuming we've sold the majority of the seats (we have 365) that is about 600ish sold so far.

Seats are limited for the stand, and you have to be family with little kids, elderly, or disabled to qualify,. I believe.

The rest of us stand wherever we choose on the away terraces, no seats.
  • Really glad I'm doing this one, had a little list going saddo that I am of aways I wanted to do this year, one by one they have fallen by the wayside (Rochdale postponed, Notts C bang in the middle of my exam period and Bournemouth on same day as Wales away), glad Yeovil has stood firm!
  • Has anyone got any ideas on wheres good to drink before hand? or where to avoid beforehand? COYR!
  • I'm not standing and I'm not elderly. The landlady has got us in the Lounge. I'm not silly.

I will try to behave but I'm already over excited.
  • My legend of a girlfriend had got us two tickets for Saturday for my birthday weekend away. Happy days, haven't stood at a game for years and despite being a proper shortarse, I can't wait!
  • my first away game!, buzzing :)
  • [cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite]my first away game!, buzzing :)

Good on you mate... everyone has to start somewhere!
  • How many getting the coach down to cider land?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite]my first away game!, buzzing :)[/quote]

Good on you mate... everyone has to start somewhere![/quote]

Yepp, gunna stat going away games abit more often after this i hope!
  • Sponsored links:

• Im getting on th coach leaving from godstone , going to be a long journey, got to get a train and a taxi aswell
    still looking forward to it though
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Oggy got our tickets last night... I take it you went down there last year, where is good to meet up and have a few drinks mate?

Still not decided on arriving 10.38 or 11.38 as CPM didn't go last night

Coming up from Cornwall, I'll be arriving at Yeovil Junction at 11:27, ISaw.
    I'll hang about for you & Fran if you arrive at 11:38.
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Oggy got our tickets last night... I take it you went down there last year, where is good to meet up and have a few drinks mate?

Still not decided on arriving 10.38 or 11.38 as CPM didn't go last night

Coming up from Cornwall, I'll be arriving at Yeovil Junction at 11:27, ISaw.
    I'll hang about for you & Fran if you arrive at 11:38.

OK mate I'll suggest getting the train arriving 11.38 to Fran then as it makes more sense to be reasonably close together as it looks like it's got the potential of being a logistical nightmare as everything seems fairly sparse, will certainly be easier than reeling off directions on the phone.
  • JTJT
    edited February 2011
    How much of a mission is it to get a taxi from Yeovil Junction to the stadium? Is there a bus or anything..?
  • There's a bus to the town centre but it's about 3 miles.

And a taxi stand........not too expensive, if say 4 people fill a taxi.
  • Cheers og. Taxi it is.

Just the return journey that could be a nightmare
  • Don't worry JT, we'll sort something ......or have another beer.

;o)
  • Pre book the taxi to pick you up after?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Pre book the taxi to pick you up after?

Best idea, thanks Curb_it.