Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wright phillips goal last night

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone got any videos or links for his goal last night ?? I missed it i went to the toilet just as he scored. No football league show on tonight and I dont have access to SNN. Gutted I missed a great goal.

Comments

• it'll be on the bbc website tomorrow mate
  • It will be on bbc website in a couple of days
  • haha beaten by 1 second according to the CL shot clock!
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]haha beaten by 1 second according to the CL shot clock!

Loser ......!!

;o)
  • why is there no football league show?
  • I don't know, I checked the tv guide there's motd but no football league. I thought it wernt on last night either.
  • Me and a mate agreed that there were only a handful of our players from the last 5 years that would have buried it like HE did.

Fair play to BWP, can we have a few other names that have scored on their debut for us...........

Danny Mills (1st time) - away at Crewe.

Gary Poole ?
  • edited February 2011
    Darren Bent, Christian Dailly, Miguel Llera, Akpo Sodje, Mark Hudson
  • Joe Anyinsah(ok, sub, but still his first appearance), Phil Chapple
  • Ecclestone
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    just seen the goal on meridian news, (wednesday) what a cracker !!!
    looking forward to going to yovil saturday lets hope we have more of the same
  • Jay Bothroyd and Marcus Bent got debut goals
    Shaun Bartlett/Franny Jeffers in their first starts
  • Charlie MacDonald v Newcastle coming off the bench?
  • Ronnie Moore

Barry Little

Mark Bright
  • BWP is the 3rd player this season after Fry and Joe to score on their debut and the 71st in total.

Sorry jints but Eccleston's goal wasn't on his debut.
  • A striker who creates his own chances we may finally found one :-o
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Charlie MacDonald v Newcastle coming off the bench?

He scored about two years before that against QPR in the FA Cup 4th Round, that may have been his debut. Was the year when the third round was in Nov/December.
  • Didn't really create his own chances last night and waggy set him up for the goal. Not complaining jjust it's a team game.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Charlie MacDonald v Newcastle coming off the bench?

He scored about two years before that against QPR in the FA Cup 4th Round, that may have been his debut. Was the year when the third round was in Nov/December.

Good knowledge... neither were in fact his debut though from the benefit of looking up the records his debut was in a 3-0 victory at home to Nottingham Forest as a substitute in Jan 2000. The FA Cup goal was on his full debut 5 days later vs QPR in Jan 2000. I stand corrected poor show!
  • It was a cracker though wasnt it?
    We had missed easier chances prior to that moment of elation
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks, Nathan. Nice one!
  • Great finish!
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]HERE
    Deadly, colchester player looked well onside for their goal, even with the whistle it wouldn't have been defended. Great finish by Bradley, shame Eccelstone wasn't allowed to break away, was well through on his own.
  • edited February 2011
    We have seen some truly great goals scored by us so far this season... GOTS is certainly going to be more interesting this year than most and we have a ridiculous 21 league games (and maybe some play-off games still to play)

- Martin's rocket at Shrewsbury
    - Benson's header at Carlisle
    - Racon's run and curler at Southend
    - Martin's chip at Peterborough
    - Anyinsah's backheel at Luton
    - Abbott's volley vs Swindon
    - Benson's overhead at Colchester
    - Eccleston's solo effort vs Plymouth
    - BWP's overhead last night
  • [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]
    Deadly, colchester player looked well onside for their goal

I've just spent the past 5 minutes freezing the frame to try and capture the moment when the ball was played.

According to the screen shot, at the moment the ball was played, the Colchester forward is marginally goalside of the last defender - but it is marginal.

Now I can only make my judgement from the TV camera angle; the assistant may well have been better placed actually in line with the ball.......and judged the Colchester forward to be in line with the Charlton defender.

It's a call so close, that rightly or wrongly, could be given offside.

The amazing thing is the referee is at least 10 or 12 yards behind play at this moment.
    Surely he was never placed to even make an offside call....?

What was he thinking, blowing his whistle without first checking for his assistant's signal?
  • Looked throught it a few times and in open play without a replay it would have been one hell of a call for the linseman to be positive it was offside. Although like you said he has a different angle than the camera angle so who knows.
  • Allan Simonsen