Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Sacked

Sky Sources: Sacked

Pretty amazing really, he was almost certainly on our shortlist only a month ago!

Comments

• Options
    It's been coming.

I thought they would do well this season but their cup runs have impacted their league position. They're on an awful run last few games.

The fans have turned on Scott recently and I've heard that he has given it back to them in interviews.
  • Options
    Time moves fast in this game, remember parky was manager of the month when we sacked him!

Though I am surprised, they'd given him a 5 year deal, he'd had a lot of success in seasons goneby. Still they are 19th in the league, and I guess that expectations increased with the increased budget that allowed the signings of the likes of Forster and Alexander...
  • Options
    Sad another young English manager goes
  • Options
    Despite a bad run and the fans getting on his back surely Brentford's level is this league at best?

Regardless of bringing in new players, their gates are very low and there's no way despite some predictions I read at the start of the season they were going to be anywhere near the play off picture in my book.

Expectation gone mad.
  • Options
    My £10 on him becoming our manager did it. . . .

Listening to their fans on BBC London you'd have thought they were Man United and people moan about our expectations. . .

Martin Allen will be all over that vacancy.
  • Options
    Alan Irvine sacked by Sheffield Wednesday too...
  • Options
    Panic move - seems impressive enough to me at this level
  • Options
    Not surprised by the sacking but am unsure where the people in charge at Brentford expect them to be, admittedly I picked them as a possible play off team and they do have some decent players but I think this season mid table is where they should realistically be looking. They are on a bad run but it was only a month or so ago they won something like 4-5 away games on the spin and were around the top half, we know fans are fickle but for a side who are only in their second L1 year after a couple of years in L2, I think this seems a panicky decision.

Andy Scott did have an excellent 2 and a half years before this season, and should walk into another L1 job.
  • Options
    Overachieved last season. Ridiculous sacking.
  • Options
    Parky to Brentford or Sheff Wed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Tranmere win their game in hand, that would put Brentford just on the edge of the relegation zone, having taken just 1 out of the last 18 points, and after being hammered by relegation rivals.

I don't think we're in a position to criticise that sacking, but it shows how quickly some things change in football.
  • Options
    Rumoured to have interviewed well for our job. Maybe took his eye off the ball.

Given the success he's had in the cups and league it seems a short sighted decision but who are we to say? Bees fans will have different views.
  • Options
    Nicky Forster (remember him?) in caretaker charge....
  • Options
    Did he apply for our job or was he approached?

If it was the former then maybe it didn't go down well at a time when Brentford are struggling.
  • Options
    Gary Johnston to Sheff Wed
  • Options
    Maybe the fact he was interviewed for our job did not help his cause, certainly may have swayed some fans towards the ani Scott viewpoint whilst some players may have been affected knowing their manager is perhaps not 100% devoted anymore and would leave if a bigger job came along.

Judging by comments from other fans about Parky, guess in some ways we sound a little hypocritical but that is football I guess.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Parky to Brentford or Sheff Wed?[/quote]

That's what I was wondering. He'll probably be in line for the Bees job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Gary Johnston to Sheff Wed
    [cite]Posted By: SkySports.com[/cite]Sky Sports sources understand that Brentford have made an approach for Gary Johnson to take charge at Griffin Park.
  • Options
    Wasn't Mandric supposed to be a fan of Parkies when he (Mandric) was at Leicester
  • Options
    New Rotherham manager.