Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youth breakthrough

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
I've not really followed the youth at Charlton and only hear about them on here and then see them when they eventually get their first games in the 1st team in the JPT or if we don't blink. Powelly has said that we have some good young players here is there anyone we think could get on the bench or even into the 1st team this season. Who are our best prospects even if not this season.?

Comments

• Jordan Cousins and Callum Harriott look very exciting prospects.
  • Cousins definitely will be a player that we'll do well to keep. Of the older crop Jenks is raw but has a lot talent and could end up being the answer to our defensive problems. We've had less luck up top, but Popo has scored a few for the second string, maybe he'd be an option?
  • Solly, Wagstaff and Elliot could do OK.
  • Lewis Perkins maybe?
  • Good shout on Popo
  • Very much doubt that any of them will break through this season. They are promising but still not ready.
  • Callum Harriott is the best prospect. Cousins is good and can play in a number of positions. Harry Osbourne is one to look out for strong Central defender good in the tackle and pretty good in the air.
  • Cousins selected for the england young uns
  • Diego Poyet
  • Callum Harriott is the one i am waiting to see bursting on to the scene the most

Jordan Cousins and Diego Poyet
  • Sponsored links:

• Of the older ones, if Powell doesn't get more from Francis either Solly or Jenkinson could make an impact.

Of the u18s I agree with Nadou, there's some promising players there but this season is too early for them.