Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Defence League

Just been pointed in the direction of these by a mate:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/English.Defence.League.EDL?v=wall
event
video

Im just curious as to what peoples views on the organisation are? I dont particular know a lot on the matter, but i can understand peoples motives in wanting the country to be a safe place to live.
Apologies if this is something that admins would rather not have discussed on cl.

Comments

• Options
    proper divs who get beat up all the time
  • Options
    Are they just protestors?
  • Options
    sink, sink sink..
  • Options
    I'd never heard of them before, but one glance at that page leads me to believe that they are probably a bunch of sad individuals hiding behind their Englishness as a way of covering up for their own inadequacies.
  • Options
    And yeah, Sink!
  • Options
    Who is actually English then?
    All of these organizations who want to fight for the so called local population choose a random date, and say anybody arriving after that date is not English...so when huh? Before the Saxons, Danes, Vikings and Jutes? Before the Norman Conquest? The many refugee groups who have fled here? Before the Ugandan Asians? Before the European community connection?
    What about the Celts as well?
    If there are issues about jobs and overcrowding then they can be tackled rationally, not racially.
    Perhaps the EDL want to give everybody a DNA test and check for purity...and how much 'purity' will be needed? 100% proof of being a Druid? 30%? 50%?
    These racist organisations are not only dangerous, but also ignorant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I'd never heard of them before......

Same, i've been wondering if they are a relatively new movement, or if they were formed after some of the attacks?
  • Options
    Fascists neo-nazis hiding under a (very) thin veneer of daily-mailesque respectability.

Mosley, anyone
  • Options
    Fascists neo-nazis hiding under a (very) thin veneer of daily-mailesque respectability.

Mosley, anyone
  • Options
    please sink the anti english bollox twaddled out on here could never be racist so sink
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    here we go again
  • Options
    No one has said anything anti English. Just and English Defence League. Big, big, difference.
  • Options
    EDL= England, no?

[cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]proper divs who get beat up all the time

This

They've been around for a few years
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]proper divs who get beat up all the time

This
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This

[cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Who is actually English then?
    All of these organizations who want to fight for the so called local population choose a random date, and say anybody arriving after that date is not English...so when huh? Before the Saxons, Danes, Vikings and Jutes? Before the Norman Conquest? The many refugee groups who have fled here? Before the Ugandan Asians? Before the European community connection?
    What about the Celts as well?
    If there are issues about jobs and overcrowding then they can be tackled rationally, not racially.
    Perhaps the EDL want to give everybody a DNA test and check for purity...and how much 'purity' will be needed? 100% proof of being a Druid? 30%? 50%?
    These racist organisations are not only dangerous, but also ignorant.

And this
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Fascists neo-nazis hiding under a (very) thin veneer of daily-mailesque respectability.

Mosley, anyone
  • Options
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    They're probably Celtic fans too.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ok then let the Guardianistas answer this

how is it ok to say "who is English" try substituting "who is african" etc into that with the implications above . Yes do try saying that ---or you might be called racist bigot.

There is one poster on here who never stops diggin at the English and i do wonder what his celtic name means or another who called the troups "imperialistic",

Loads on here defend mass imigtion (not imigration) as a total welcome even butAnyone who disagrees is a bigot. Others role out old bolox statistics and say how we are all better off in Europes most dencely populated country but cant actually give a figure of the total numbers coming in ---so that f**ks that arguement.

Do please tell me when the Guardianistas are going to say wot a crok of crap it is that the English dont have a parliament but those MPS who vote in their own assemblies still have a vote on English issues-- why dont they speak up on that-------------couldnt possibly be that it means speaking up for England.

The EDL how many on here have ever looked into this organisation ? other than what you see in your chosen paper? They burned the BNP flag-- they welcome all ,not just white people. Anti islamic yes ----can that be bigoted--- yes-----so bigoted i would agree with.

As for the Daily Mail, well tell you what never brought it in my life and cant remember if i have ever read it but sounds like a good read to me,thanks .
  • Options
    one of their main representatives is a sikh i believe.

it is as you well know GH a crime to be English sometimes and this is one of those times mate dont get wound up by it
  • Options
    The EDL is a fairly rabid and nasty anti Islamic organisation that will welcome anyone that is prepared to share their anti Islam view regardless of race or colour. Don't be fooled into thinking just because they welcome Hindus and Jews into their ranks that they are not a racist group. Any collection of people that are discriminatory and intolerant of another group because of religion, culture or colour are by definition racist. This group are no better than the BNP,National Front or for that matter the Nazi Party.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anybody define English or African or American or Asian? and so on, I certainly can't... what exactly is the English Defence League defending? Mankind began in Equatorial Guinea the latest discoveries declare. There are so many ways to define or explain what is English, such as territorially or culturally or historically or in a phenomenoligical way, which aspect does the EDL defend?
    I have to confess I read the Guardian, but only on Saturdays as it's got more words for the pound than the rest of the week... how Scottish of me :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    its fashionable to hate anything that represents any sign of patronism.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite] what exactly is the English Defence League defending?

people burning poppys on rememberance sunday for starters.
  • Options
    Sorry, we try and avoid such topics on here.

Those with strong views either way are intolerable to the opposing view, so you don't get a debate, just people trying to enoforce their view onto others, alienating everyone else, and before you know the thread makes Tahrir Square look like Centreparcs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!