Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gloves, Snoods and now...ski hats

Bari v Inter Milan, currently on ESPN. The Inter keeper Julio Cesar is wearing a natty ski hat. Whatever next? As the snood started in Serie A, I don't suppose it will be long before it spreads to England and we see the ski hat appear on a Premier League keepers bonce.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Bari v Inter Milan, currently on ESPN. The Inter keeper Julio Cesar is wearing a natty ski hat. Whatever next? As the snood started in Serie A, I don't suppose it will be long before it spreads to England and we see the ski hat appear on a Premier League keepers bonce.

Didn't the Faroe Islands keeper wear a bobble hat a few years ago?
  • Options
    Personally I think if you're wearing a hat you shouldn't be allowed to head the ball, it gives the hat wearing player an advantage as they have some protection against possible clashes of heads. I would definitely ban Petr Cech from heading the ball, he's rugby head-gear gives him a massive advantage in any 50-50 header.
  • Options
    After this I fully expect our new Argentinian player to come onto the pitch wearing a trench coat next Saturday.
  • Options
    All getting a bit silly now........... my question regarding players wearing gloves, snoods etc is "try frigging running around a bit and you won't get cold". They're not exactly playing in the Artic circle. Pay me 50k a week and i'll happily turn out in a mankini on a frosty january evening.....pampared ponces!
  • Options
    I reckon you should be able to pull someone back by their snood and it go unpunished, it's not like shirt pulling as it's not part of the kit

they'd all soon stop wearing them then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]Pay me 50k a week and i'll happily turn out in a mankini on a frosty january evening.....pampared ponces!

50k? I'd do it for a laugh.
  • Options
    I would suggest that the reason he wears that ridiculous hat would be the same reason he would be highly unlikely to be charging in for a 50/50 header!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bubble[/cite]I would suggest that the reason he wears that ridiculous hat would be the same reason he would be highly unlikely to be charging in for a 50/50 header!

True, but he has gone in for headers, albeit largely unchallenged whilst wearing the hat. It is purely there for pschological reasons, if he was in serious danger from a head injury (more so than any other goalkeeper) then he wouldn't be allowed to play.

He was very lucky his first game coming back from that injury was against liverpool, he was given an easy day that he wouldn't have got from another opponent (big Sam was still at Bolton and you know his instructions to Davis would have been to flatten the keeper at the first opportunity)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]After this I fully expect our new Argentinian player to come onto the pitch wearing a trench coat next Saturday.

LOL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Personally I think if you're wearing a hat you shouldn't be allowed to head the ball, it gives the hat wearing player an advantage as they have some protection against possible clashes of heads. I would definitely ban Petr Cech from heading the ball, he's rugby head-gear gives him a massive advantage in any 50-50 header.

never thought about it before , but if one player wears it all will be wearing it like" american football" !!!

definate advantage if you have a crash hat, so i say ban it,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Personally I think if you're wearing a hat you shouldn't be allowed to head the ball, it gives the hat wearing player an advantage as they have some protection against possible clashes of heads. I would definitely ban Petr Cech from heading the ball, he's rugby head-gear gives him a massive advantage in any 50-50 header.
    Yeah - screw him and his need to keep his skull from falling apart.
  • Options
    We should all embrace the snood
  • Options
    Id have pulled some one back by a snood.Petr Chech head gear would not be allowed on a rugby field.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Yeah - screw him and his need to keep his skull from falling apart.

If his hat is keeping his skull together then he shouldn't be allowed to play football, especially in a position where he has to dive down putting his head at foot level
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: richie8[/cite]Id have pulled some one back by a snood.Petr Chech head gear would not be allowed on a rugby field.

You are absolutely right, a scrum hat would never be allowed on a rugby pitch :-)
  • Options
    I remember a Leicster player, Keith Weller, wearing tights!
  • Options
    The snood is a ridiculous bit of clothing for anyone. Hope Fifa ban it. You stay warm by running around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I remember a Leicster player, Keith Weller, wearing tights!

well stockings would be a bit too dodgy !!!... ;-)
  • Options
    Banned from July 1 according to Matt Holland on twitter.
    http://twitter.com/mattholland8