Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

torres who is gonna kick him 1st

My money is on gerrard

Looking forward to this

Comments

• Options
    Dan, Kentish lad, via text: "My little bro is a mascot for Liverpool today. He cried when he heard Torres had gone - and since then he has come up with a cunning plan to get his own back! Beware Torres!"
  • Options
    Daniel anger is first 26 mins in.
  • Options
    Stunned that it wasn't Carra within 5 to be honest, LFC gone soft!
  • Options
    anybody got a stream for this?
  • Options
    An absolute sitter missed by maxi you will have to see it to believe it
  • Options
    go to myp2p its full of streams!!!
  • Options
    Torres subbed at nil nil didn't want to know.

Chelski losing 1 nil
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nice result for Liverpool, ha ha Torres

Shoulda stayed alongside Shelvey,
    Stayed alongside Shelvey
    You Shoulda stayed alongside Shelvey.........
  • Options
    Noticed that Shelvey didn't feature. First time Kenny not named in on the bench. Anyone know of any reason for this? injury perhaps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Torres subbed at nil nil didn't want to know.

Chelski losing 1 nil

He has got to have the most miserable boat race of any player I have ever seen.

Fecking Hell mate, you're being paid 200 large per week to play football, get a fecking smile on your boat now and again.

Ancellotti's substitution of Torres was clearly a two-fingers at Abrahmovich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I think Ancelotti was tactically poor the whole game and got outmanaged by a country mile.

Torres came off when it should've been Anelka. They changed formation 3 times in the match and became less and less effective... the move to 3 at the back with Luiz on was shadowing Liverpool and a sign of total utter desperation.

Even with a couple of minutes to go, they still only had Drogba in the box up against 3 Liverpool centre halves... it was crying out for an out and out forward to be up with him (Torres if he'd stayed on) and Kalou and Anelka were dropping ever deeper.

Liverpool defended deep and stoutly, Chelsea had no answer to being unable to get in behind them apart from keep passing back or sideways until the options ran out. If they were bothered they had ample opportunity to add the icing on top but they weren't.

I rate Ancelotti big time but today was as poor a showing from him as it was the players on the pitch.

Any Arsenal fan (particularly those who have done £150+ going to Newcastle yesterday) will be apoplectic... threw away a game yesterday only to watch Man U and Chelsea both lose poorly - what a statement they could've made yesterday at 0-4 up with chances to extend their lead. Wenger not buying a centre half critically exposed and if Djourou is out mid-long term now they are finished.
  • Options
    Torres shouldnt have started two 4 nil results then chucks him straight in

drogba looked dis intrested

anelka couldnt be bothered

if he was on the bench then they wouldve tried to make sure he didnt come on until they had won the game

shit mgmt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]Noticed that Shelvey didn't feature. First time Kenny not named in on the bench. Anyone know of any reason for this? injury perhaps?

Yeah injured and out the england germany u19 on wednesday too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]Noticed that Shelvey didn't feature. First time Kenny not named in on the bench. Anyone know of any reason for this? injury perhaps?

Yeah injured and out the england germany u19 on wednesday too

what a shame for him, even to be there and be a part of it would have been fantastic

I suppose he didn't travel down? Hope he gets fit quick
  • Options
    I tell you what - that was one shit game of football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I tell you what - that was one shit game of football.

Not wrong there.

I tell you what else, if Woy Hodgson had put out a 5-4-1 formation and not been the beneficiary of a lucky 1-0 win (it was only their second attempt on goal all game) then he would have been slaughtered by their fans but Kenny Dalglish does it and he's suddenly a Genius.

Liverpool can't get away with this formation for long, as soon as somebody takes the lead against them then they will be exposed.

And how the feck Glen Johnson gets away with impersonating a professional footballer I do not know.
  • Options
    Never mind Johnson (who is undoubtedly shit), Lucas is absolutely stealing a living - as bad a player as Amdy Fate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Never mind Johnson (who is undoubtedly shit), Lucas is absolutely stealing a living - as bad a player as Amdy Fate.

The commentators were saying that Lucas had had one of his better games although he seemed to offer nothing going forward at all as far as I could see.

Gerrard was all over the place as usual, giving the ball away when under no pressure at all as is his speciality.

Liverpool's best attacking player was Meireles, not just for the goal but for the fact that he actually keeps the bloody ball and looks to move forward.

Kuyt also ran his bollocks off and is a 100% trier if a bit short on class but he had more effect on the game than Torres.

Still, if you let your chairman pick the team then.....
  • Options
    I was watching Chelsea yesterday and was trying to think if i've ever seen them involved in a decent game...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Never mind Johnson (who is undoubtedly shit), Lucas is absolutely stealing a living - as bad a player as Amdy Fate.

I actually thought he did well yesterday, he's a holding midfielder, he's not there to be exciting, he did the simple things well. A player i do like the look of though is Kelly, the right back. With not much competition there in this country i can see him being a future England right back. Between him and Kyle Walker for the next world cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Daniel "Full of" Anger is first 26 mins in.
    or Daniel Agger(essive)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    I tell you what else, if Woy Hodgson had put out a 5-4-1 formation and not been the beneficiary of a lucky 1-0 win (it was only their second attempt on goal all game) then he would have been slaughtered by their fans but Kenny Dalglish does it and he's suddenly a Genius.

Liverpool can't get away with this formation for long, as soon as somebody takes the lead against them then they will be exposed.

No way will Kenny play a 5-4-1 against all opposition. Using 3 centre backs counters a 2 centre forward system very well so it was a sensible choice. Liverpool also matched Chelsea's diamond in midfield which helped them. It's refreshing to see some different formations. Can't think of anyone who has used 3 at the back this season in the top flight.
  • Options
    It was more 3-5-1-1, with Meireles in behind Kuyt. Using Gerrard to double-up with Kelly on the right to stop Cole getting forward was a masterstroke. It had Steve Clarke's DNA all over it, defending the 18-yard line to limit the space in behind for Drogba & Torres to run into. Essien, Lampard, & Mikel were clueless when faced with a blanket defence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I tell you what - that was one shit game of football.

Not wrong there.

The difference is Hodgson set up like that against the likes of Wigan. Dalglish did it because he had a plan, and it worked.
    Liverpool won't always play like that anyway, when Suarez is match fit and Carroll is back they will play with 2 strikers with Gerrard in behind them.
  • Options
    The game certainly wasn't a great advert for the Premiership, the other 9 over the weekend were though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Not wrong there.

The difference is Hodgson set up like that against the likes of Wigan. Dalglish did it because he had a plan, and it worked.
    Liverpool won't always play like that anyway, when Suarez is match fit and Carroll is back they will play with 2 strikers with Gerrard in behind them.

Hmmmm, we will see. I am old enough to remember Dalglish's first incarnation at Liverpool and after their infamous 2-0 title winning loss at Anfield to Arsenal he did turn ultra cautious in his tactics and began stacking the team with centre-halves a la George Graham.

I remember one game at Arsenal when Dalglish played six defenders in the starting XI and George Graham did the same....I am pretty sure it was 0-0!