Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Moore 1952-2011

Great guitarist.

Requiescat in pace...

Comments

• Options
    Superb guitarist ... RIP
  • Options
    One of my favourite guitarists - I particularly liked his brief phase with Colosseum II.
  • Options
    I hope the rumours are not true - it's not on trusted sites like the BBC or NME.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Oh that is sad news - excellent guitarist who I've seen many times both with Thin Lizzy and solo.

I saw him at the Albert Hall when he had Albert Collins guesting and then he had a surprise guest - George Harrison. Among others they played When My Guitar Gently Weeps - it was a great night.

Again very sad - R.I.P. Gary
  • Options
    Great guitarist -very sad RIP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]Oh that is sad news - excellent guitarist who I've seen many times both with Thin Lizzy and solo.

I saw him at the Albert Hall when he had Albert Collins guesting and then he had a surprise guest - George Harrison. Among others they played When My Guitar Gently Weeps - it was a great night.

I was at that gig too - amazing night.

Now on the BBC, so I guess it's true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]Oh that is sad news - excellent guitarist who I've seen many times both with Thin Lizzy and solo.

I was at that gig too. Legend - one of my favourite guitarists. Even his commercial stuff was brilliant. Parisienne Walkways and Still Got The Blues have some of the most 'feeling' I've ever heard.

RIP
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    DP
  • Options
    RIP Gary Moore.
    "Still got the blues for you..........."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An absolute guitar legend RIP
  • Options
    I like 'out in the fields' too...RIP
  • Options
    Lizzy were right up amongst the best bands for me, although all the best stuff was recorded with Brian Robertson and Scott Goram I think that Gary Moore was a great guitarist both in and out of Lizzy.

Choked at this news
  • Options
    Fantastic Blues Player. His playing on Lizzy's "Black Rose" album is nothing short of stunning. Will be sadly missed!!!
    R.I.P. Gary Moore
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Very sad,
    A fine musician, that will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgST27FIzNg&feature=related

Lizzy really were a really great band........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvpnY6YLXk&feature=related. One of Garys songs.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Wow - was only thinking about him today remembering a gig at Milton Keynes 25 years ago. Shocked.
  • Options
    very sad news ,guitarist of the hightest order! RIP gary
  • Options
    Bloody Hell, how?

I bought a Hamer sunburst from him in 1984, I still play it!!! One of the best players ever!

RIP
  • Options
    Parisienne Walkways blew me away when I first heard it.

Fantastic guitarist.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Bloody Hell, how?

I bought a Hamer sunburst from him in 1984, I still play it!!! One of the best players ever!

RIP

Died in his sleep - must be more to it than that.

I am so jealous that you own one of his guitars - the closest I got to a connection with him was that my band used to practice at the same studio as his, but we stopped using it because the guy started adding on VAT!
  • Options
    Shocked. Another hero goes to the great gig in the sky.
  • Options
    Brilliant guitarist, superb live performer.

RIP
  • Options
    Hi there, Charlton fan in Sussex joining this site partly for non-football reasons re Gary Moore. Have drunk in the same pub in Brighton as Gary for the last 7-8 years. He has always been amazingly unassuming yet always quick to buy a round, an absolutely lovely guy to chat to etc. This is the first time I've ever found out about the death of someone I know via news sites (wasn't in the pub today, the staff and regulars all knew before me). Would never say we were actual mates, but we were on talking/name terms and have both bought each other a drink many times, really truly sad, a true gent as an individual [I don't even really know his music]. Am toasting him with a Guinness (his drink of choice) right now xx
  • Options
    Still got the blues for you, Gary
    RIP