Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

the posh game

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Hi

I will be visting the valley on saturday for the game in which i will be driving down for the game. Where would be the best play to park for the game?

Comments

• Sainsbury's near the dome car park is 3 hours, though it is a 15 minute walk

If you are early enough there's an industrial estate off the Woolwich Road on Westmoor or Eastmoor Street (see Google Maps), there will be on street spaces there and the walk is only 10 minutes

Be careful about parking in ASDA, ie. don't if you don't want a ticket
  • Or at the top of the hill near Charlton village, roads such as Marlbrough Park Ave, Canberra Road are free and there is no time limit.

However more of a 15 min walk.
  • Thank you for the information, i should be their about 12 or 1, I heard their was a car park that was £5 charge, Is that one still their.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Sainsbury's near the dome car park is 3 hours, though it is a 15 minute walk

If you are early enough there's an industrial estate off the Woolwich Road on Westmoor or Eastmoor Street (see Google Maps), there will be on street spaces there and the walk is only 10 minutes

Be careful about parking in ASDA, ie. don't if you don't want a ticket[/quote]

who issues the fee as apart from the police or council it is against the law. My missus got a ticket for spending over 3 hours in the nugent centre in orpington, she went on a few forums and discovered it was against the law for them to send the notice.The letter was addressed to me as the registered owner.

she a) sent them copies of her receipt to show she had shopped there, b) told them that I as the registered owner had not been driving the car that day and they had to prove it. c) Said it was against the law to obtain the vehicles owners details from the dvla without the owners knowledge.

She then sent the letter recorded delivery and gave them 3 days to reply.

On saturday we received a letter saying the penaly had been dropped.

Saved us £50 as most people don't know this and pay the bill stright away to stop the fee going up after 14 days.I will
    now have a butchers at asda and if it's run by parking eye, park there until my heart is content.
  • just spoke to a mate and same thing happened to his missus but she paid it.
  • [cite]Posted By: poshaj[/cite]Thank you for the information, i should be their about 12 or 1, I heard their was a car park that was £5 charge, Is that one still their.

You really don't need to pay a fiver, plenty of aprking uncharged as mentioed above.
  • If you do park in the area, leave NOTHING of value on display, not even sat nav holders.

Plenty of little scroats around SE7 that will happily put your window through and take those valuebles of your hands.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Sainsbury's near the dome car park is 3 hours, though it is a 15 minute walk

Be careful about parking in ASDA, ie. don't if you don't want a ticket

who issues the fee as apart from the police or council it is against the law. My missus got a ticket for spending over 3 hours in the nugent centre in orpington, she went on a few forums and discovered it was against the law for them to send the notice.The letter was addressed to me as the registered owner.

she a) sent them copies of her receipt to show she had shopped there, b) told them that I as the registered owner had not been driving the car that day and they had to prove it. c) Said it was against the law to obtain the vehicles owners details from the dvla without the owners knowledge.

She then sent the letter recorded delivery and gave them 3 days to reply.

On saturday we received a letter saying the penaly had been dropped.

Saved us £50 as most people don't know this and pay the bill stright away to stop the fee going up after 14 days.I will
    now have a butchers at asda and if it's run by parking eye, park there until my heart is content.
    Thing is, Steve - technically - all that information on forums is wrong. The car park is on private land, therefore the owner of the land can enforce whatever regulations they like. Whichever company they retain to enforce their parking regulations will also be registered with the DVLA to enable them to legally retrieve the owner's details. And the bit about not driving the vehicle on the day in question is also unenforceable if the case ever comes to court (the registered keeper is liable irrespective of whether they were driving in charge of the vehicle when a parking offence occured)

However - the time, effort, manpower and money involved in taking these cases to court means it isn't worth it for the companies involved, so usually (and I stress 'usually') they drop them before they get that far. There are plenty of people willing to just pay the fine and forget it, so they concentrate on those. I'd never advise ignoring a ticket, but if you're willing to take the risk that the fine could double should the company enforcing it decide to take you to court, then it's worth challenging
  • [cite]Posted By: poshaj[/cite]Thank you for the information, i should be their about 12 or 1, I heard their was a car park that was £5 charge, Is that one still their.

Anchor and Hope Lane usually has a fair few spaces available. Certainly at that time!

Plus its only a short hop to the Tunnel and then on to the M11 back to Posh land
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]If you do park in the area, leave NOTHING of value on display, not even sat nav holders.

Plenty of little scroats around SE7 that will happily put your window through and take those valuebles of your hands.

Sadly true.... lots of smashed car window glass in the Heights the other morning. W*ankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: poshaj[/cite]Thank you for the information, i should be their about 12 or 1, I heard their was a car park that was £5 charge, Is that one still their.

Anchor and Hope Lane usually has a fair few spaces available. Certainly at that time!

Plus its only a short hop to the Tunnel and then on to the M11 back to Posh land
    That nickname 'Posh' always makes me laugh. Peterborough is an absolute f***ing shithole - it's about as 'posh' as the Ferrier