Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
So who is attempting to do the 'Everest' of away games - Hartlepool away on a tuesday night?

Will we achieve treble figures?

Comments

• factor in the new ground and 1st league away game last season that saw 505 make the trip, i'd say 180 this time.

Q for oohaah, how many did we take to yeovil last and this season?
  • edited February 2011
    I am in for Hartlepool, was on hols last year and for some crazy reason looking forward to it. Have not listened to any of the latest Charlton Live Podcasts as saving them for the coach journey.

Most of the people I have told, who all think its barmy, can't believe the coach leaves at 11.30am for a night game.

Perhaps another addition to the "you're not proper Chartlon unless"..
  • If I have money I will
  • I'm going. Very early coach. Very late return. Proud to know I'm proper Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    Q for oohaah, how many did we take to yeovil last and this season?

last season 1,370 to yeovil

this season can't see a figure anywhere but Airman said "We sold 573 in advance. I would imagine we would have done 50-100 on the day." so 650 ish
  • have you got an excel spreadsheet in work with all this info on...;o)
  • Had tickets for the original Saturday game before xmas but can't do a midweek game up there, would involve 2 days off and a hotel.

Can't say us taking 3 figures, not even 50!
  • must be honest, the thought of closing my eyes for 15 hours on a coach is more appealing than the game !!
  • Based on the fact Hartlepool brought 100ish to us midweek last season (not new ground carling Cup recently) then anything under 250 would be poor.

But it will be.
  • edited February 2011
    I bet at least 80 of those Hartlepool fans live in London though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be there with Don, Ralph & Sue and having a nice lie in on Wednesday morning...

Sorry guys...one of the perks of being a pensioner !
  • Wow.
    National Rail says the only 2 trains leaving after the match will take 10 hours...
    So, no.
  • there is a national express leaving hartlepool around 11 ish, but a bit of a trek
  • Missed it last year as I was away in sunnier climes.

No way was I going to miss it again this year as (ever the optimist) we may not play their for another 30 years.

Hotel booked in Seaton Carew for the night and a gentle drive home on the Wednesaday.
  • Who here is going on the Valley Away coach? Advice Please:

If I want to take my 14 year old brothers on the coach...will they pass for 16? And if not, will a friendly charlton fan pass as the 'accompanying adult over 21'?

I can't see how I will be able to take them if they can't go on the Valley Away coach.

Many thanks in advance
  • @LSE, where you getting the coach from?
  • @cafcdan18 from the Charlton bus stop, and will book the tickets as soon as I have a good idea about my brothers being allowed on, if that is the case.
  • I am getting on at Eltham, would have been able to help you out (am 21) but sure you will find someone at the Charlton stop.

Have no idea how strict they are about being/looking 16.
  • @LSE, I'll be getting on at Charlton, will take responsibility if I can help.
  • Respect and good luck to all those going.

Create a lot of noise for the rest of us, because it's a bit of a key match, I think, as it will make up our game in hand on three of the teams above us, Brighton, Huddersfield and Southampton. Only Bournemouth of those currently sitting above us play midweek.

As we know, it's all very well having games in hand - but then when we play and those above us don't, it's critical to make it count and take the opportunity to close the gap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tempted by this one now. Might try to swap my Rochdale away ticket if possible. Anyone know of cheap hostels/b&bs in Hartlepool?
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Tempted by this one now. Might try to swap my Rochdale away ticket if possible. Anyone know of cheap hostels/b&bs in Hartlepool?

I checked the Travel Inn and Premier Inn, both unavailable for the Saturday night.
    Its why I'm not going!
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Tempted by this one now. Might try to swap my Rochdale away ticket if possible. Anyone know of cheap hostels/b&bs in Hartlepool?

I checked the Travel Inn and Premier Inn, both unavailable for the Saturday night.
    Its why I'm not going!

Have you tried just the tuesday night?

You know, the night of the game :-)

Four nights in Hartlepool is a bit excessive.
  • Thats the one.
    Yes... I think.
    Haha!
    I shouldn't of checked after drinking.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Tempted by this one now. Might try to swap my Rochdale away ticket if possible. Anyone know of cheap hostels/b&bs in Hartlepool?[/quote]

I checked the Travel Inn and Premier

Inn, both unavailable for the Saturday night.
    Its why I'm not going![/quote]

it's tues though isn't it?
  • http://www.hotels.com

chimneys

bed+breakfast 30quid tuesday night.
  • or £5 per hour
  • Sunderland's only a few minutes up the track and has a few good b&b's, better pubs too, trouble is first train after match isn't until 10:30am...
  • Thanks for the help. I don't think I'll be able to do it after all