Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Home nations football

Where the hell did this complete waste of time come from?

Just caught a bit of the coverage of Ireland v Wales on 5 live. What is the point in this tournament? To give half arsed teams and second rate footballers to opportunity to beat England in a poorly managed pathetically organised competition?

Comments

• No it's not, as England aren't in it.
  • if we're not in it we should hurry up and get in it - bring a bit of interest back into international football - lets face it, we can't do anything in the proper tournaments.
  • I don't think we were invited to take part in it as we'd only win it every year.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I don't think we were invited to take part in it as we'd only win it every year.

Hopefully! Its being planned as a one off next season as a full british tournament
  • edited February 2011
    What's with all the egotism?. Last time I remember Ireland played England, we were one up and English fans decided to go and destroy Lansdowne Road. I also remember N.Ireland beating ye not so long ago.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]What's with all the egotism?. Last time I remember R.O Ireland played England, we were one up and English fans decided to go and destroy Lansdown Road. I also remember N.Ireland beating ye not so long ago.

I think over 4 games we'd just about manage to win the thing. Have you seen Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland play lately? Awful.

ROI look decent though and their players always look so committed and try to play the game the right way.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]No it's not, as England aren't in it.

LOL

Wales were very poor, but missing a lot of players. ROI effective and clear winners in the end. NI v Scotland tomorrow for those who care.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]poorly managed pathetically organised competition

Where do you get that from ?

I love the egotisim in some of the posts on this thread. Lording it over nations about a tenth of the size of England because you can't compete with comparitive countries !!
  • Siblers, the trouble after the 1-1 game you refer to was nothing to the previous game at Lansdowne Road. Coincided with extradition of top IRA man. Over 100 arrests, From memory 3 were English and many England fans injured and a number hospialised. Of course England fans being injured was not reported by the press and strangely enough seems to have been forgotten by everyone else.

Been to a number od England away games and it always the way
  • England wont play in these 3rd world countries cos the safety of the players and the fans cannot be guaranteed
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the Home Nations as ROI are in it and England aint.

Sad thing is we(England) aint very good and the others are worse. The reason England always get seeded is FIFA need us there re the cash.

Never did find the old Home Nations Cup any fun just an excuse for the MINOR nations to give it large, and the football was awful.