Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

twin peaks

don't know whether any of you guys watched the series back in the late 80's or early 90's, written and directed by mark frost and david lynch? i can remember at the time really being into it and hating having to wait a week before the next episode.

i'm just re watching it again and have just finished episode 7, the one made notorious by audrey's ability to put a knot in the cherry stork with her tongue! i'm enjoying it just as much second time around and considering it was about 20 years ago when it was first released, doesn't feel that dated or maybe that's just me?%~{>

mark frost's name rings a bell, did he write the x files?

be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts?

Comments

• Loved it when it was originally on haven't got round to buying the boxset yet. The lawn ornament and the backwards thing freaked me and my sisters a bit being youngish at the time. Title music if thats the right term for it was quite haunting. We had it on a tv soundtrack album somewhere.

It's on the list of boxsets to acquire from around that time along with Northern Exposure when I see them cheap at some point. Just to see if they stand the test of time unlike the original V series but I still love the original Battlestar Galactica boxset so my opinion isn't all that!
  • edited February 2011
    i'm just renting the twin peaks. northern exposure, loved that too and glad I'm not the only one.
  • Bought the boxset a few months ago. Was too young to enjoy it when it was on. Absolutley love it. Brilliantly done. Still getting through them, so no one spoil anything! Still don't know who killed Laura Palmer yet!
  • sorry, hope I didn't spoil the cherry stork bit?
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]northern exposure, loved that too and glad I'm not the only one.

We had a houseful of ladies that loved that series not least because of its sheer crazy/kookyness but the casting for the male actors was bang on. Going to have to have a quick peek to see what happened to the actor that played Ed now on IMDB.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before so sorry if a bit of repetition but there is a series called Carnival set during the depression era/years which was very well worth a watch. Watched both series of Carnival on boxset last year and reminded me of Twin Peaks in many ways remembering the effect it had on us at times. Quite freaky in places too. Shame they never made the 3rd series passed me by when it was originally on.
  • It's been on again in Australia over the last few weeks.
    Brilliant series and led the way for x-files and so much more.

I also loved Northern Exposure.

In the same kooky area are Pushing Daisies which my wife and I loved and Eli Stone, both of which were cancelled before their time. And what about Dead Like Me?
  • I loved Twin Peaks!!!!! Watched every episode religiously & was gutted when it finished!!!

I bought all the versions of the film too with all there different endings. Much much darker & sexier than the series was allowed to be.

But Northern Exposure was just brilliant!!!! I sooo still want to visit Alaska but there really is no Sicily :-(
    Hubby & I used to watch it together. Him drooling over Maggie & me drooling over Chris. I still have the music on CD, cheers me up no end.

Just think how happy I was when Kyle Machlachlin (?) from TP & Chris from NA were both on Sex in the City!!!!! Made an old bird happy :-D
  • We watched both series over Christmas and January. Did not watch it at the time too weird but really enjoyed it, even if I had to get some of it explained to me
  • Bob scared the bejaysus out of me!
  • there was also a series called kiingdom hospital ( I think ) it was written and directed by steven king, about a hospital ( obviously ) built over a grave yard. i really enjoyed it but don't think it caught on in the same way as the others, even though it was from the same vien. quite quirky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen the first series on boxed set last year, brilliant stuff. Also part way through the Pushing Daisys set and got Carnivale sitting on the shelf waiting to be opened... Deep joy.
  • Loved Twin Peaks the first time around - even went to so far as to buy all the related books, soundtrack album and audio cassettes of Agent Coopers memos to Diane(!) Enjoyed it just as much when I watched the whole lot again a few weeks ago.
    Also rewatched the movie spin-off prequel "Fire Walk With Me". Some people thought it was a cynical cash-in but, for me, it answered a few of the questions that were left hanging at the end of the second season but at the same time added even more layers of mystery.

[cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]mark frost's name rings a bell, did he write the x files?

Mark Frost came to fame as a writer and director on Hill Street Blues. I don't think he was involved with the X Files.
  • Loved Eli Stone and Dead Like Me - but obviously the yanks did not as they both only lasted two series.

Didn't watch Twin Peaks but had a friend who was obsessed with it so may have to give it a go sometime.

Currently rewatching X Files from the start thanks to Sky Atlantic so might have to wait until I have more TV watching time available!
  • Oh I used to love Twin Peaks. I was in the Lower Sixth when the first series came out, and we used to try to waste as much time as possible in our Wednesday morning tutorials talking about what had happened the night before, rather than doing the boring pastoral curriculum that we were supposed to. Luckily the teacher who ran the sessions was of the same opinion that we were.
  • Loved Twin Peaks - Special Agent Dale Cooper, Sheriff Harry S Truman and 'damn fine coffee!' Like KBslittlesis, I did find Bob seriously scary though!
  • edited February 2011
    Removed
  • sorry mate, better not tell you what happens at the end of titanic incase you aint seen that either ;-)
  • Adam, several people have said they're only watching it for the first time in this thread. Don't be a git.
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]But Northern Exposure was just brilliant!!!! I sooo still want to visit Alaska but there really is no Sicily :-(
    Hubby & I used to watch it together. Him drooling over Maggie & me drooling over Chris. I still have the music on CD, cheers me up no end.

Just think how happy I was when Kyle Machlachlin (?) from TP & Chris from NA were both on Sex in the City!!!!! Made an old bird happy :-D

You've got me remembering the scene where she catches him in the bathroom and places head shots of herself in his reading material from then on. Bloke that played Chris and Aidan makes me melt. He hee Alaska is still on the list, one day!

Ah Wilma Dead Like Me was another one I enjoyed. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to make a bog seat tree though to annoy the neighbours.
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]there was also a series called kiingdom hospital ( I think ) it was written and directed by steven king, about a hospital ( obviously ) built over a grave yard. i really enjoyed it but don't think it caught on in the same way as the others, even though it was from the same vien. quite quirky.

Mate at work has the boxset and keeps forgetting to bring it in for me. Must pester her.
  • Bruce willis is a ghost.
    Kevin spacey is kaiser sosay
    darth vader is lukes old man.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bHYSTRmEP1c/Swq4QpaI1nI/AAAAAAAAAKc/IbfD7s3-M-0/s1600/vlcsnap1532599cp3.jpg[/img][/quote]

What a rotten thing to do, ruin the end!
  • edited February 2011
    Where I live now is very Twin Peaks-esque, we are north east of Washington State but it is the same type of little town in the vast forested wilderness, with all kinds of horror lurking in the woods!! I loved that show and it definitely drew me to this region in retrospect......
  • Oakster you lucky bugger!

I'm going to have to get the box sets now. Especially for Northern Exposure.

Do, do do, do do, do doooooo
  • Bloody hell peeps, have removed said photo. For the record it was a photo didnt say what part it was from, peaks is great and twists and turns all the way, it could have been a random still from the show if others hadnt had said it was from the end.... Lighten up peeps or i will get afka round in his red suit to talk backwards to u. ;-)
  • "Do do do, do do, do doooo". Spot on!

This could be a new thread, write down your favourite TV show theme tune in words:

Twin Peaks: dum dum....dum dum....