Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hammers defender still on course for Addicks return

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/8846233.Hammers_defender_still_on_course_for_Addicks_return/

Comments

• Personally, I wouldn't bother. I'd rather bring in a left back to fight with Bessone for that place. We are ok for centre backs and whilst Fry has been ok - I wouldn't go further than that. I'm sure we could do better.
  • bit harsh that. Fry kills two birds bein a LB and CB. Has been a little shaky of late but the talents there.
  • I hope Bessone is fit for Saturday because we don't want to go back to playing Jacko there.

I like Fry but thought that delays were on our side ,I can't see Wham getting him a better loan and he would now be just cover for us IMHO .

I notice Borrowdale has gone to Carlisle for a month . Maybe it might be worth checking him again when that month finishes if Fry does not return as he is a different type of Left Back to Bessone. Otherwise we still need a new left back.

According to Sky Tom Williams who played for us in the Spurs reserve friendly is now a free agent following his release from Bristol City.
  • Would like to see him back in the addicks shirt asap. Got a great attitude. Always wants to play. And his natural position is cb which is a bonus if anything happens to doc/daily
  • Want to see him back. Plus Bessone looked okay against Colchester but we need to see more of him before we really see if he's any better than Fry
  • Assume some of this is tactical regarding the max 93 days of the loan window? No point wasting 5 or 6 of those days....will be more than happy to have him back. Has generally looked solid, apart from Spurs away, which I think knocked his confidence a wee bit.
  • Ours until March 19th.
  • I don't get the point in such a short deal. Surely we need cover for the rest of the season, not just 9 games?
  • [cite]Posted By: jamiebcool[/cite]I don't get the point in such a short deal. Surely we need cover for the rest of the season, not just 9 games?

I guess that's just West Ham covering their backs and if all goes well it will be extended again.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jamiebcool[/cite]I don't get the point in such a short deal. Surely we need cover for the rest of the season, not just 9 games?

I guess that's just West Ham covering their backs and if all goes well it will be extended again.

I make you right.

A few days back at Wham after March 19th......and hey Presto! we sign him again as a brand new emergency loan before 24th March. Available then to cover potential play off games?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: jamiebcool[/cite]I don't get the point in such a short deal. Surely we need cover for the rest of the season, not just 9 games?[/quote]

I guess that's just West Ham covering their backs and if all goes well it will be extended again.[/quote]

I make you right.

A few days back at Wham after March 19th......and hey Presto! we sign him again as a brand new emergency loan before 24th March. Available then to cover potential play off games?[/quote]

Exactly

Glad he stayed
  • Pleased he is staying, means we have two good options at LB and maybe Fry may get another chance at CB.