Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Dyer on move to Charlton

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
"You could say I have dropped down because of where I was, in a league sense," he said.

"At West Ham you are in the Premier League, working in Premier League facilities and watching Premier League players.

"But I was reserves' boss so had Premier League players with me some days and some days not.

"This is about being an assistant manager at a good club with a good tradition. So this was a step up for me - not a step down or a sideways step but a massive step up and one I'm glad I took."

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=5487&headline=Dyer:

Comments

• Done well so far never heard of him before he arrived. I wonder why sir Chris chose him specifically; and if he is related to Kieron Dyer?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave2l[/cite]Done well so far never heard of him before he arrived. I wonder why sir Chris chose him specifically; and if he is related to Kieron Dyer?

Dave, check him out on Wiki. He played for us under Lennie! Was a forward who became a defender - largely, I think due to injury.

He was a PE Teacher and then got a job at Wet Span as a Sports Scientist. Made his way through and became reserve boss at Upton Park.

If you check his career, both he and CP were at Palace at the same time earlier in their careers. I have no doubt that they have been mates for years. They would also have been together at Wet Spam under Pardew.
  • No relation to Keiron Dyer.

Alex Dyer played for us in the early 90's as a striker so there is a link there.

I believe he is mates with Chris Powell - it has been mentioned on a few times that they happened to watch the play off final together.
  • Ok ive got a bit of poor history knowledge. Good to know he played for us I thought there might have been a west ham link when Chris Powell was playing for them.

• Oi, AFKA .......isn't it time you learned how to do live linky's?

;o)
  • edited February 2011
    Is he related to Stephanie Dyer?
  • ... or Danny Dyer?
  • Or Ali Daie
  • or Bruce Dyer?
  • Maybe even Hair Dyer!
  • Sponsored links: