Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'Arry going to court for tax evasion

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is to face trial charged with two counts of tax evasion relating to his time as manager of Portsmouth.

Mr Redknapp was charged in 2010 with ex-Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric.

It is alleged two payments totalling US $295,000 were made by Mr Mandaric to Mr Redknapp via a Monaco bank account.

The Charlton link is Amady Faye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11837240

Along with Olympic Stadium not Spurs best ever day

Comments

• Options
    Love to see him go down.

A crime is a crime is a crime.....
  • Options
    it had to happen in the end ... allegedly ;-)
  • Options
    He could still pick the team from inside.
  • Options
    After a particularly crappy week that's made my weekend that has. Please let him go down for a stretch and take Storry with him. These two have have had so many allegations and mud thrown at them sooner or later something's got to stick.
  • Options
    Lets hope this puts paid to him EVER being the next England manager - If there is justice he will go down for a very long time, what he and Storry done to Pompey is a crime
  • Options
    The only downside to this story is that he won't be an obvious target for the showeroom rapists
  • Options
    bet he gets off, sincerely hope I'm wrong...
  • Options
    F... me glad you lot aint on the jury f...... creepy wishing people prison
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: strawdog[/cite]Lets hope this puts paid to him EVER being the next England manager - If there is justice he will go down for a very long time, what he and Storry done to Pompey is a crime

You mean making them a prem league club- keeping them there against all odds and winning the FA cup?
  • Options
    If he is found guilty the usual penalty for evasion on such a scale would be a custodial sentence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pity that it was the local schools, St Johns Ambulance and the ordinary taxpayer who paid for so much of that success
  • Options
    Also if the facts stand up in court I would expect the pressure to then fall on Mandaric.
  • Options
    This story seems to have been removed from the BBC website. I looked for it last night and its not there. I wonder why?
  • Options
    Yes the courts are well known for coming down hard on football related tax evasion.
  • Options
    I really think that Rednapp will escape a custodial sentence!.....

He claims to have paid a huge amount in tax, and this seems to be about who pay's the tax .
    Rednapp, could pay this amount on his credit card, so as much as we might like to think that Harry, is a dodgy character, he seems to feel that the Revenue have overstepped the mark.

I understand that his wife and family were upset at the way this was dealt with!.

The money itself, or the amount is not really the issue.

I think the revenue have bigger fish to catch than this guy!

A case of 'making an example'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]F... me glad you lot aint on the jury f...... creepy wishing people prison

Why exactly is it creepy? The man broke the law and for that deserves to be punished, just like every other criminal.

[cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]He claims to have paid a huge amount in tax,

Just a shame the 'hugh amount' he's paid is still considerably less than the 'very huge amount' he should have paid, tax evasion is tax evasion and Harry Redknapp has been stealing from all of us, here's hoping the tax man does make an example of good ol' 'arry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Just a shame the 'hugh amount' he's paid is still considerably less than the 'very huge amount' he should have paid, tax evasion is tax evasion and Harry Redknapp has been stealing from all of us, here's hoping the tax man does make an example of good ol' 'arry.

Rednapp went on tv sky last time a this blew up...... and although I cannot remember the exact amounts I am sure the Inland revenue would have challenged this!, or used it to support there case!

You say Evasion , his accountant would say avoidance!...... I am not here to protect wealthy fraudsters, but not condem people simply because they have made some money! and wish to limit there tax liability.

There seems to be enough expats and non doms paying nothing to get too excited about a high profile candidate like Rednapp! ( better not mention bankers and non exec directors)
  • Options
    MPs make legitimate and yet morally questionable expenses claims and we all (rightly) get upset that they're depriving the public purse of money it desperately needs because of their own avarice. Football manager avoids tax which deprives the public purse of money it desperately needs because of avarice and some think it's OK?
  • Options
    he hasnt been found guilty stuart thats whats creepy ,people willing him ill fortune when his not even been tried yet.
  • Options
    cant have the next england mgr going to jail

leave poor arry alone you blood thirsty bunch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: strawdog[/cite]Lets hope this puts paid to him EVER being the next England manager - If there is justice he will go down for a very long time, what he and Storry done to Pompey is a crime[/quote]

You mean making them a prem league club- keeping them there against all odds and winning the FA cup?[/quote]

No the finacial situation the club found themselves in was all down to those two - the club were so close to going to the wall
  • Options
    if he gets locked up the stress might give him a twitch ............opps he already has one !!!
  • Options
    F*** him. Twitchy c***. Hope they throw the book at him and that ooze Storrie.
  • Options
    Nolly, NLA

I respect you guys, but its worth reading Tom Bower's book "Broken Dreams" before you go out on a limb for Redknapp. Whole chapter devoted to him.

He never sued.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]Nolly, NLA

I respect you guys, but its worth reading Tom Bower's book "Broken Dreams" before you go out on a limb for Redknapp. Whole chapter devoted to him.

He never sued.....

An amazing book, really worth a read - real eye opener and not just about Rednapp.
  • Options
    I don't mind them catching him pa I just want him to manage England and win a trophy before I die.
    Then they can have him
  • Options
    But I will buy the book
  • Options
    And then there's his alleged concern that Jermain Defoes's Mum should be properly housed...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]if he gets locked up the stress might give him a twitch ............opps he already has one !!!

Cos of the car crash that killed his then girlfriend and caused the fire that scarred a once very good looking bloke for life.

I like redknapp and hope he's found innocent. Would love him to be next England boss.

Im glad we are all such upstanding folk on here that none of us would ever considering taking any cash in hand money for anything ever and always pay capital gains tax on everything that the tax laws state we should.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Im glad we are all such upstanding folk on here that none of us would ever considering taking any cash in hand money for anything ever and always pay capital gains tax on everything that the tax laws state we should.

That's not a fair comparison is it? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware that the manager should get any money whatsoever from a transfer, unless its in is contract. His job is to identify the right players, and then get them to perform. For which he gets paid something called a "salary". Rather a large one.

Did you know that in 7 years at West Ham he signed 144 players. 144.....