Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's going through Racon's mind?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Seems to be behind McCormack under Powell, and out of contract in the summer. If offered a new contract will he sign if not in the team? If Powell dosn't fancy him, and dosn't offer him a contract, has he got someone in mind/lined up to replace him?

Comments

• He will be back in for Macca before long
  • edited February 2011
    I think Powell probably knows that Racon is the better player but he does have spells where he gets too complacent , so a few weeks on the bench wont do him any harm. I'm sure he will be in the side sooner rather than later because let's face it , Mccormack isnt anywhere near as good.
  • Fair play to him for having the bollox to drop him.
  • Surprised he wasn't in the team today having played so well at Yeovil, perhaps he's not 100%. Has he had that weird black tape strapping on his thigh all season, or just the last few games?
  • He is carrying a knee injury as well
  • He was wondering will there ever be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark.
  • Did macca play today? :L
  • I'd be livid if I was Racon watching today - McCormack was utter rubbish again in the first half and not much better in second half - he wouldn't tackle, can't pass and seems to want to play even deeper than Semedo - who basically was a one man midfield in first half as Jackson and Wagstaff also went missing
  • [cite]Posted By: East Kent Addick[/cite]I'd be livid if I was Racon watching today - McCormack was utter rubbish again in the first half and not much better in second half - he wouldn't tackle, can't pass and seems to want to play even deeper than Semedo - who basically was a one man midfield in first half as Jackson and Wagstaff also went missing

I agree that he was bad in the first but to be fair he was much better in the second. Waggy and Jacko have both looked poor in recent weeks but we keep on winning !
  • There can be only one explanation - Racon is not fully fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• McOxo played a number of balls today which if the forwards had been showing any sense of anticipation would have been good, as it happened our forwards in the first half were static and showed no movement, which made creative passes look a lot worse than they were.

it is amazing how great some players are when they are not in the team, Mc Oxo is no world beater but then nor is Racon. My hope is that next week we are discussing how both of them feel about a premiership loanee coming in and dominating the Exeter game. Our central midfield, if it is to take advantage of the games we have in hand and give us a good chance of the automatics then we need to be grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and dominating for 90 minutes from central midfield.
  • Semedo has run the midfield against Colchester and today. According to the player ratings Racon got high marks last week so can only assume he isn't fully fit. He is inconsistent but he's a better player than Mccormack.
  • Je n'aime pas ce nouveau entraîneur. Il me fait la gueule.
  • Probably thinking it's about time I took the missus up the oxotower and tweeted about it.
  • don't think either of them will be in the team within the next fortnight ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Probably thinking it's about time I took the missus up the oxotower and tweeted about it.

Well I've never heard it called that before!
  • Chirpy that is funny

Has anybody checked if Racon is on Twitter ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]McOxo played a number of balls today which if the forwards had been showing any sense of anticipation would have been good, as it happened our forwards in the first half were static and showed no movement, which made creative passes look a lot worse than they were.

it is amazing how great some players are when they are not in the team, Mc Oxo is no world beater but then nor is Racon. My hope is that next week we are discussing how both of them feel about a premiership loanee coming in and dominating the Exeter game. Our central midfield, if it is to take advantage of the games we have in hand and give us a good chance of the automatics then we need to be grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and dominating for 90 minutes from central midfield.

spot on
  • Here's an interesting theory from FR (or was it one of you lot?)

Charlton's Thiery Racon is set to Join Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the season; once the loan window reopens. Racon and new manager Chris Powell have had a massive bust up after Racon squared up to Powell after being informed he had lost his place to former Southend end ace Alan Mcormac. Charlton are set to use the saving on Racon's wages to bring in Jon Bostock.
  • Not sure about that one, was Racon not injured/not 100% fit when he was left out. Then Powell indicated he would not change a winning side.

Feel for Racon as I am not McOxo's biggest fan especially after last night. Hope Thierry will start soon.

Also heard someone say Racon was not fit last night?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Here's an interesting theory from FR (or was it one of you lot?)

Charlton's Thiery Racon is set to Join Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the season; once the loan window reopens. Racon and new manager Chris Powell have had a massive bust up after Racon squared up to Powell after being informed he had lost his place to former Southend end ace Alan Mcormac. Charlton are set to use the saving on Racon's wages to bring in Jon Bostock.

Obvious bunkum - how can McCormack ever be described as an 'Ace' !
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Here's an interesting theory from FR (or was it one of you lot?)

Hmmm...I doubt it. The new owners seem to be doing alot to win the fans favour, I seriously doubt they would jeapordise all their good work in that respect by loaning out Racon to our bitter rivals.

More likely that Racon wasn’t/isn’t fit (which I think is the case) and then lost his place to McOxo when we put a run together. I’d imagine there may be a couple of changes for Saturday, and one may well be the return of Racon – lets all hope so anyway !
  • £7k/£8k a week. Lovely.
  • Powell said Racon had an injured knee. Against Plymouth I think, then against Colchester and Peterborough he did a far from strenous warm up. I wonder how bad it is?
  • didnt powell come out and say last week that he wasnt going to change a winning side unless forced upon him?

he has the option to tinker for saturday, so id imagine Racon will be back alongside Semedo.