Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sir Chris

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Dear Sir Chriss

We were in the upper north,and twice we sang "powelly give us a wave" and twice we went unrewarded !!
I know you have a big important job BUT we would appreciate at least a hand in the air, ........please !!!!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    So you're one of the idiots then. I wondered who it was.

When we are defending desperately & could perhaps do with some input from The Manager, you actually expect him to ignore the play & perhaps give a goal away, in order that he can wave to you ?

If the games a bit quiet and being knocked around in the middle of the park, then yes, but not when the match is at a critical point.

Perhaps, you don't actually watch the match ? Thankfully Chris Powell does.

NB Chris is spelt Chris.

NB I apologise if you are aged under 16.
  • yes it was just me both times .........on my own
    thanks for the spelling correction and the lesson in foul language in your reply :)
    NB I am over 16
    and if you ever have anything sensible to sing at matches please do let us know ;-)
  • need to stop all this sir chris stuff, starting to grate.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]need to stop all this sir chris stuff, starting to grate.[/quote]

I agree. I think King Chris might be better...
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]yes it was just me both times .........on my own
    thanks for the spelling correction and the lesson in foul language in your reply :)
    NB I am over 16
    and if you ever have anything sensible to sing at matches please do let us know ;-)

As covered end said, needs to be at the right time. You sang it when we were about to defend.
  • I agree it should be sung at the right time, ie when we have won 4 games on the bounce and are winning 2.1 which is what happened
    would you be happier if the north were quiet ?
  • Great post this, but can't believe anyone here is over 16.
  • The north must have been quiet if only you were singing mate.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]I agree it should be sung at the right time, ie when we have won 4 games on the bounce and are winning 2.1 which is what happened
    would you be happier if the north were quiet ?

I suppose if we were facing a penalty, you'd still be singing for Powell to wave at you ?

No I want lots of songs I'm in The North as well. But at the appropriate time.
    You don't sing we are top of the League when you're 10th for instance.
    You don't sing Powelly give us a wave, when we are near to conceding a goal & he is concentrating on play down the other end.
    You don't sing The Addams Family to every club we play, it's downright embarassing.
    You don't sing your support is fu**ing shit, to teams, who's away support is proportionately better than ours.
    I could go on.

How about Goodbye Horse, Super Charlton Covered End, We all follow The Charlton & loads of others.
  • Covered End - well said!!!

The Addams Family song was funny at Crystal Palace (Todorov 1-0), but has been mindless ever since, and when we sing "you're support is this that and the other", have a butchers at the blocks of empty seats in the West Stand to your right. Embarrassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe it was the fact that it was, like nearly every other song, sung far too fast.

Singing at football is like making love to a beautiful woman. Fun done fast, much better when done slow.

: - )
  • They can sing when they want and positive chants help the atmosphere, but certainly should not complain when Powell concentrates on his job and doesn't respond. It is important for Powell to distinguish himself from being a player to a manager. I thought bringing him in was a good move because he would lift the club at a time when it needed it but I am sensing that we have the added bonus of getting a very good tactician and somebody with the drive to make a success of this. He can't jump out the tunnel evry game like he used to but I'm sure he'll respond if you pick the right time and when we gain promotion.

I like using the term SCP BTW.
  • He did actually wave the first time everyone just seem to miss it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]need to stop all this sir chris stuff, starting to grate.

Agree.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]need to stop all this sir chris stuff, starting to grate.

Agree.

And Kenny, King of the Kop should be renamed Citizen Ken of Anfield. Elvis was hardly regal, just a flash git from Tupelo. Madonna is not the queen of pop, just plain Ms Ciccone. And Clapton is a stubbly muso not a divinity.

Where's the harm, you old killjoys ?

Pardew was a serf. Parkinson was a yeoman. And Powell is a knight. Simples.
  • I'm also in the Upper North, and I didn't hear you. Anyway I suspect that after all the adulation he has received, he wants to move the attention towards the team. If you notice most of his comments are directed towards praising the efforts of the players and I think it is significant that having himself fairly recently been a player, he knows how that is appreciated.
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]need to stop all this sir chris stuff, starting to grate.

Agree.

And Kenny, King of the Kop should be renamed Citizen Ken of Anfield. Elvis was hardly regal, just a flash git from Tupelo. Madonna is not the queen of pop, just plain Ms Ciccone. And Clapton is a stubbly muso not a divinity.

Where's the harm, you old killjoys ?

Pardew was a serf. Parkinson was a yeoman. And Powell is a knight. Simples.

Not a killjoy, just think it's getting a bit lame.
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]Great post this, but can't believe anyone here is over 16.

got to go now i have to finish my homework

ps its still Sir Chris :-)