Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vodafone

edited February 2011 in Not Sports Related
Anyone willing to give them a glowing reference?

As much as i dread it,might need to bite the bullit and join them.Still hearing some pretty shoddy customer service issues about them though.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Anyone willing to give them a glowing reference?

As much as i dread it,might need to bite the bullit and join them.Still hearing some pretty shoddy customer service issues about them though.

Why them?
  • Options
    Work. I've moved to an area where the only signal available is ' them '.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Work. I've moved to an area where the only signal available is ' them '.

OK. I used to be with Vodafone - for similar reasons. In Norfolk all Mobile signals are patchy. Vodafone were the least patchy for the areas I work.

As I am a distributor for Utility Warehouse, I get my Mobile service from them. They buy wholesale from T Mobile. We have just been told that T Mobile and Orange will be merging their signals in the next month or so. That will give them the best coverage in the UK and UW will be getting that access as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Still hearing some pretty shoddy customer service issues about them though.

You'll hear tales of shoddy customer service from all the networks. Personally, the worst experiences I've had are with Orange, but I know people who will never be with o2, vodafone and t-mobile for this reason.

From experience: Vodafone has the most reliable and widespread 3g coverage but awful call quality if you travel; my calls were always being dropped when in the car. Bloody annoying. I'm with o2 as a result, I find it to have the most consistent of networks
  • Options
    I have had a shocking time with them in the last year, very poor customer service as a result due to compensation I do currently have an extremely good price plan and phone and there is no way I could get that if I left so it is a bit of a dilemma.

Also I have been with them about 7 years now and this is the first time something like that has happened. Coverage generally very good so can't fault on that.

So a mixed review from me, I would like to leave but it would cost me about £15 more a month to get the same deal elsewhere hence why I'm still with them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]So a mixed review from me, I would like to leave but it would cost me about £15 more a month to get the same deal elsewhere hence why I'm still with them.

And that is of course what they hope. Do you go over your bundle or stay within your bundle costs each month?
  • Options
    Very rarely go over, minutes wise I have 300 which generally sees me through ok. Texts and data are my main uses, both I have unlimited so not a problem there.
  • Options
    I currently use them and couldn't be happier. I'd say Vodafone and 02 offer the best service. I get signal pretty much everywhere which is a stark contrast to that of Orange.
  • Options
    Been with them for 15 years plus never really had any major problems with them and if there are they seem to sort them out pretty quickly.

Vodafone definately have the best coverage and some of the deals they do for new customers are very good. Just got the missus on her first contract, £10 per month 300 minutes and unlimited texts.
  • Options
    Best Signal, probably most expensive of all the networks though.

Customer service is sadly no better or worse than the rest all pretty shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Switched to Vodafone from O2 before xmas after putting up with O2 for years. Vodafone have been excellent so far.

Phone was delayed by parcel force for nearly 10 days, they adjusted my contract date without me even asking - when I rang to do it, they politely pointed out that it had already been done.

Also had a problem with HTC desire HD frying the internal SD card. It is a problem with the android software, they didnt refer me to HTC as O2 and t-mobile have been doing, they sent me a next day replacement card and said they would take it up with HTC.

Early days, but so far so good. Their 3g coverage is also much better than O2.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Very rarely go over, minutes wise I have 300 which generally sees me through ok. Texts and data are my main uses, both I have unlimited so not a problem there.

The only reason I ask is that I spend quite a bit of my time talking to people about their existing Mobile Phone contracts.

Most people will tell you that they have a brilliant deal. Well why not, after all they chose that deal. On the other hand the industry analysis tells us that roughly 70% of people are in the wrong contact.

Those in wrong contracts are usually in two different categories

1. Those who exceed their bundle cost regularly and often by quite a bit. People tell me they very rarely go over, so I ask them if we could look at their last bill. Invariably they have gone over and they give a reason. You then ask if you can look at the previous bill and they have gone over again. The point is most people (not you of course...:-) ) are in denial.

2. Those who never exceed their bundle cost. Most of these people are paying too much for the "peace of mind" of a bundle they don't need.

The point I am getting to is that most Mobile Phone companies operate on the principle of confusion marketing. They offer a huge plethora of contact bundles and deals with all kind of hidden costs. This is how they make their money.

In addition to this, most have appalling customer service offerings but have very aggressive customer retention policies. They know that 80% of people wont have a problem 80% of the time. A large chunk of the remaining 20% can be fobbed off, leaving people who are tenacious to get the special deals to keep them sweet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Been with them for 15 years plus never really had any major problems with them and if there are they seem to sort them out pretty quickly.

Vodafone definately have the best coverage and some of the deals they do for new customers are very good. Just got the missus on her first contract, £10 per month 300 minutes and unlimited texts.

There are some cracking deals around at the moment. We have one which is £10 per month 500 minutes and unlimited texts.
  • Options
    To be honest you cant compare networks in terms of signal etc as some like here will be better in some areas than others. Personally ive found Vodafone and 3 to be best for 3G in and around London (North, West & City). Orange and T Mo merging is good but at the moment it is only for 2G (calls and texts). If you just want to do that most should be ok Voda in this case better in terms of all around reliablity. If you need 3g then its either 3 or Vodafone, o2 3g is pants, orange/Tmo ok.

In terms of everything else Ketman's got it in one
  • Options
    3 is utter pants outside the metropolis. Also if you have 3 and your mates don't they wont like you calling them.
  • Options
    Can anyone here offer any advice on haggling between mobile phone companies, I have a good deal with T Mobile but I tired of the shoddy coverage they have, and I want to switch to someone else, but all their deals are more expensive. I currently get 900 minutes unlimited internet and unlimited texts for 36.50 a month, and similar deals elsewhere seem to be at least 45 quid!

Is there any way you can show a different company what you get now, and get them to match it so you can switch over to them instead?
  • Options
    Ok time to admit it.........

I have worked for Voda for the last 10 years, the best way to get a better deal is to ask them to leave. They will without doubt offer a better deal to retain the business.

O2 are now into their new FY so will be offering some good deals to new customers.

In terms of Voda coverage, i have none at home (live in tractor country). However i have a bit of kit called the Vodafone sure signal which you connect via your broadband router, i now get full 3G signal from home.

In terms of customer service, all networks are working hard to improve this. In fact my bonus gets paid on customer satisfaction. There are to many deals out there and for the average punter it all gets a little confusing.
  • Options
    Whenever myself or the wife have been pissed about by Vodafone (usually doing a deal to renew a contract & then it going wrong), we've complained a couple of times and then gone straight to the chairman. That tends to get it sorted within 48hrs!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]have worked for Voda for the last 10 years, the best way to get a better deal is to ask them to leave. They will without doubt offer a better deal to retain the business.

I understand why they do this but it always seems to me to be a poor business model. They start from the premise that customer dissatisfaction is given, so they fleece everybody by confusion and then give the decent deals to those who have the balls to complain.

This is the same model used by Sky and Virgin.

How much better to set your stall out from the start, not to confuse people, treat them all to the best prices you can? That way you are likely to get much higher brand loyality, lower churn rates and higher levels of customer satisfaction. Result, more happy customers and more profit.
  • Options
    Been with Vodafone for years, the only problem I've had is a poor signal indoors. Never used to be a problem, it seems that they are upgrading the 3G signal. I got a sure signal (FOC) for indoors and it solved the problem.