Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Abbott ready to begin again at The Valley

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8850632.Abbott_ready_to_begin_again_at_The_Valley/

Comments

• Good. He made a real difference against Posh. His hold-up play helped bring the midfield and others into the game. His attributes were completely missing during a first half when the away defence looked completely untroubled and the forwards didn't win a header. I thought it was tactical genius by SCP but it seems it was a subsitution forced by injury!
  • I sense Powell would have made a change at HT regardless, but the safe money was on McCormack or Eccleston being replaced by Reid and Waggy returning to playing just behind BWP.
  • edited February 2011
    Abbott is a good guy and an honest man / footballer: no excuses and no feeling sorry for himself, good on him. I hope he gets another bite on Tuesday night and takes it. Abbott and BWP could be a very good mix of pace and strength just like we saw on Saturday: A bit like Bright/Wright actually.
  • I'd admittedly prefer Anyinsah/BWP, but if the former can't keep himself fit for more than a handful of games at a time then perhaps Powell and the coaches are better off investing their time in training in 9 and 10.
  • good to hear he's happy to stay and fight for his place, that's what we need, not prima-donna's that EXPECTS a shirt but not willing to fight for it. I'd much rather Powell having the headache of which strikers to play than just one or two without competition, and let's not forget, He's a different type of player than the likes of benno, smokin joe and ecles so it gives us options depending on the style needed for a particular game.

onwards and upwards!!!!
  • Remember reading him talking about his time at Huddersfield and he said in his own words he had a nightmare. Seems down to earth and doesn't have ideas over his head. Hope he continues like he did on Saturday
  • Its a good interview that will help him get fans on side, we forget that he is a £75,000 striker who we only paid £20,000 up front for (I think I read). A very honest self assessment.

be interesting to see if he is in the starting line up tomorrow.
  • Good honest interview, especially about being embarassed about the Swindon performance.

Really pleased for him, great performance on Sat and what was really nice was when he scored, all the outfield players went to celebrate with him. Showed good team spirit as well as a nice touch imho.
  • Good to see competition for places.
  • Very honest interview, can't help but warm to him

Hope he gets a chance tomorrow night
  • Sponsored links:

• Knew he was a good choice for CL sponsorship ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Very honest interview, can't help but warm to him

I thought that. Without becoming over-sentimental, often we forget (I do anyway) that players are just human beings. Nobody likes being slagged off/booed etc. You have to be pretty thick skinned to laugh it all off.

It must have hurt him terribly to have played that badly against Swindon (and he was in good company) when he had a chance to at least stake a claim. He must have been cacking it when he was asked to come on at half time. That he showed he was a decent player and turned the game for us is greatly to his credit.

Its these things that I love about football, the uncertainty, the luck of the draw, the chance of success.

The response from Pawel says a lot for me. I hope he goes from strength to strength.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Very honest interview, can't help but warm to him

Good interview by him but embarrassing questions from the interviewer. Fancy telling him that the fans were laughing at him!
    Who was that?
  • Erm. Yeah. Who was that!? The git.

But yeah. Got the reaction and the self-assessment I was after for the piece. And looking at the comments, it worked.
  • [cite]Posted By: former addick[/cite]It makes you wonder very much about Parky and his tactical nous. Under Parky, Pawel could not buy a
    decent game. One game under Chris, he shines like a beacon. Makes you think....

He got a bit of service on Saturday which rarely happened under Parky when he played.

Could that be why Racon has been dropped?
  • Just listened to the interview, I was expecting a polish accent. Not a northern one.
    Seems a nice bloke