Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell set to move into the loan market....

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
According to the SLP.

Comments

• has to if Dailly's injured !
  • Hobbs in please
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Hobbs in please

Joining Hull on loan
  • Going to be huge disappointment on here if it's anything other than a pacey centre back or creative midfielder. Here's the tweets, no mention of Dailly-

# Powell has got injury headaches for tomorrow night's match at Hartlepool - Bessone, Wagstaff, Benson and Anyinsah. #cafc 9 minutes ago via web

# Chris Powell has admitted he is set to move into the loan market, story will be in our paper tomorrow. #cafc
  • Unless Benson and Anyinsah are mid to long term absentees it won't be a forward

There is no indication that apart from not having a 3rd choice keeper we are short in that position

We have 3 right backs and enough cover for the wings

That leaves - CM, CB (if Llera goes out), LB (if Bessone's got a bad one)
  • It would seem an unlikley time to do it unless forced by injury on the basis we can only take players on loan for 93 days in this window can't we?

Play off final is end of May...wouldn't we be best to wait another week or so and then any loan signing would be ok up to the final (if we make it)...with Hartlepool & Exeter up next we should have the players to beat these teams already...
  • I like Anyinsah but he is looking terribly injury prone.
    OK, Pawel was mustard on Saturday but can he maintain that standard and become a genuine threat to Anyinsah when both are fit.
    I'd still have Joe over Pawel, but I sincerely hope that the two of them will be in serious competition to partner BWP. (For me Benson doesn't start unless BWP is injured)
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]I like Anyinsah but he is looking terribly injury prone.
    OK, Pawel was mustard on Saturday but can he maintain that standard and become a genuine threat to Anyinsah when both are fit.
    I'd still have Joe over Pawel, but I sincerely hope that the two of them will be in serious competition to partner BWP. (For me Benson doesn't start unless BWP is injured)

I believe that Pawel can.

I can't see us signing a keeper unless Robbie gets injured. Seems to me that we need to be looking at midfield and centre back, although you might argue we have four CB's available now that Forts has signed an extension to the end of the season. Maybe Bessones injury is more serious than a tweeked hamstring?
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]I like Anyinsah but he is looking terribly injury prone.

I believe that Pawel can.

I can't see us signing a keeper unless Robbie gets injured. Seems to me that we need to be looking at midfield and centre back, although you might argue we have four CB's available now that Forts has signed an extension to the end of the season. Maybe Bessones injury is more serious than a tweeked hamstring?

How do you know hes extended
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]How do you know hes extended

I'm sure I read it somewhere. Can't find the article. Maybe I dreamed it!

Last weeks Q&A, CP dodged the question. Forts is still in the squad so I assume something has been done.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]How do you know hes extended

Last weeks Q&A, CP dodged the question. Forts is still in the squad so I assume something has been done.

K cheers
  • edited February 2011
    I was always taught when predicting football transfers to look for connections and nine times out of ten they can be found .

Our recent three , Eccleston was encouraged to come here by Jonjo , Wright-Phillips was the son of a friend and ex team mate of both our manager and his assistant when they both at Palace . I was grateful to Oggy for pointing out that Bessone played under Sousa who of course managed Powell until recently.

So where now ? The two obvious places would be Leicester and Wham because of Powell and Dyer .

Starting with the midlanders many have talked about Jack Hobbs .Defensively , Micheal Lamey and Alexander Tunchev have also been mentioned on this forum . Last week on Sky Sven also said that the Portugese midfielder Moreno might be available for a loan.

In terms of Wham , We already have Fry but what about Jordan Spence ? He seems to be ahead of Fry in the pecking order and could be the pacy centre back we crave .

In terms of midfielders , does anyone know what Rob Lee's son Oliver is like ? He must be due for a loan.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]In terms of midfielders , does anyone know what Rob Lee's son Oliver is like ? He must be due for a loan.
    West Ham site says he's 20 later this year, signed a new deal last summer, is a CM but can play out wide. Looks like he's not yet been out on loan. Also has a younger brother Elliott at West Ham.

I'd imagine Liverpool somewhere else we'll look.

With Powell, Jimenez, Dyer etc we probably have quite a few contacts in the Prem.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]With Powell, Jimenez, Dyer etc we probably have quite a few contacts in the Prem.

apart from nathan, is it likely we can attract anyone else from the prem, into this division?
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]With Powell, Jimenez, Dyer etc we probably have quite a few contacts in the Prem.

can you really see someone from the prem coming down to this division?

What like Nathan Ecclestone for instance. No chance I'd say.
    Changed your post just in time sillav.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

i guess i was thinking of someone with lots of experience?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Changed your post just in time sillav.

phew, just saved a rollocking?%-{>
  • The only PL players we could attract are youngsters... experienced PL players will go to the Championship and no further
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

i guess i was thinking of someone with lots of experience?
    I meant youngsters.

Hopefully more than just youngsters in the future though.
  • If we get a pacey centre back then maybe we could accomodate a classy central midfielder in the 'autumn' of his career? (i understand we will not get Scholes, Fabregas or Wiltshire).
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]If we get a pacey centre back then maybe we could accomodate a classy central midfielder in the 'autumn' of his career? (i understand we will not get Scholes, Fabregas or Wiltshire).
    Any ideas who? I guessed young players were more likely but there's probably a few older players out there not getting games, like Sodje last season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]If we get a pacey centre back then maybe we could accomodate a classy central midfielder in the 'autumn' of his career? (i understand we will not get Scholes, Fabregas or Wiltshire).
    Any ideas who? I guessed young players were more likely but there's probably a few older players out there not getting games, like Sodje last season.

Don't know if i'm honest. I've been thinking about somebody who's maybe out of favour with a London club maybe or looking for a move back south but as has been said on here maybe a link with CP, possibly even a link with us at some time. I'm sure between all the knowledge we have at director and managerial level, they'll get it right. If it's a youngster or two fair enough but my preference would be experience with know how.
  • Nobody is mentioning Bostock anymore. Why is that? The silence is deafening...
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]If it's a youngster or two fair enough but my preference would be experience with know how.
    Then again, that's what many said on who should replace Parky...
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]If it's a youngster or two fair enough but my preference would be experience with know how.

You're not trying to rile me up are you Scoham? I'm trying to be nice and agreeable this week.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]How do you know hes extended

K cheers

Not necessarily, I think players can still be paid on a week by week basis even when their contract is up... I may be completely wrong of course!

[cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I was always taught when predicting football transfers to look for connections and nine times out of ten they can be found .

Our recent three , Eccleston was encouraged to come here by Jonjo , Wright-Phillips was the son of a friend and ex team mate of both our manager and his assistant when they both at Palace . I was grateful to Oggy for pointing out that Bessone played under Sousa who of course managed Powell until recently.

So where now ? The two obvious places would be Leicester and Wham because of Powell and Dyer .

Starting with the midlanders many have talked about Jack Hobbs .Defensively , Micheal Lamey and Alexander Tunchev have also been mentioned on this forum . Last week on Sky Sven also said that the Portugese midfielder Moreno might be available for a loan.

In terms of Wham , We already have Fry but what about Jordan Spence ? He seems to be ahead of Fry in the pecking order and could be the pacy centre back we crave .

In terms of midfielders , does anyone know what Rob Lee's son Oliver is like ? He must be due for a loan.

Sven used to manage Lazio...so lets have some players from there!...Mancini played and coached under Sven at Lazio...Shaun Wright-Phillips isn't playing much at the moment... ;-)
  • people laugh at the thought of getting a prem 'name' in but if we could convince an out of favour class act to come down here until the end of the season then it will not only help the team but it will help add that bit of razzamataz that may be needed to get the missing fans back. The money it would take would be a good calculated risk to my mind but obviously it's about getting the right player, coming for the right reasons, with the right attitude.
  • My better half is an leyton orient fan so I've seen them play quite a few times and they had Jordan spence on loan last season and for someone so young he was a class act and more than capable of holding his own in league 1 and he also was very quick.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]If it's a youngster or two fair enough but my preference would be experience with know how.

You're not trying to rile me up are you Scoham? I'm trying to be nice and agreeable this week.
    No just saying maybe we'll be surprised again. Could be a young player we've never heard of with the quality required and that needs games. Mentioned not long ago in another thread Conor Clifford (Chelsea) did well at Plymouth, he's now on loan at Notts County.

I'm sure there' a few more players like Eccleston out there that have something to offer at this level, even with little or no experience.
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

No just saying maybe we'll be surprised again. Could be a young player we've never heard of with the quality required and that needs games. Mentioned not long ago in another thread Conor Clifford (Chelsea) did well at Plymouth, he's now on loan at Notts County.

I'm sure there' a few more players like Eccleston out there that have something to offer at this level, even with little or no experience.

Phew, thats a relief. You may well be right. I think the fact that CP is looking to delay the loan/s until they will cover the entire season suggests that these are hopefully going to be integral to our team and the way we play and not just stop gaps. Wouldn't be surprised if the deals are pretty much already sorted out. What sort of dates are we looking to bring them in on if we want them to, at worst case, participate in the play off final?