Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronaldo

announced his retirement from football.

RONALDO'S GAMES AND GOALS
Cruzeiro 1993-94 - 45 games, 41 goals
PSV Eindhoven 1994-96 - 58 games, 54 goals
Barcelona 1996-97 - 49 games, 47 goals
Inter Milan 1997-2002 - 99 games, 59 goals
Real Madrid 2002-07 - 164 games, 98 goals
AC Milan 2007-08 - 20 games, nine goals
Corinthians 2009-11 - 31 games, 18 goals
Totals - 466 games, 326 goals

Brazil - 97 games, 62 goals

What a player. remember watching his performance in the UEFA Cup final for Inter Milan against Lazio and being in absolute awe of him.....his piece of skill on the touchline and the shimmy round the goalie for the final goal. Probably the best goalscorer ive ever seen.

Supercopa Libertadores Top Scorer: 1993–94
Campeonato Mineiro Top Scorer: 1993–94
Campeonato Mineiro Team of The Year: 1994
Eredivisie Top Scorer: 1994–95
La Liga Top Scorer: 1996–97,2003–2004
European Golden Boot: 1996–97
Don Balón Award La Liga Foreign Player of the Year: 1996–97
Copa América Final Most Valuable Player: 1997
Copa América Most Valuable Player: 1997
Confederations Cup All-Star Team: 1997
Cup Winners Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 1997
Cup Winners Cup Top Goal Scorer: 1996–1997
UEFA Most Valuable Player: 1997–98
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 1997–98
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 1997–98
FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 1998
UEFA Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 1998
Copa América Top Scorer: 1999
Copa América All-Star Team: 1997, 1999
FIFA World Player of the Year: 1996, 1997, 2002
Ballon D'or: 1997, 2002
World Soccer Magazine World Player of The Year: 1996,1997.2002
Onze d'Or: 1997, 2002
FIFA World Cup Silver Ball: 2002
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1998, 2002
FIFA World Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 2002
FIFA World Cup Top Scorer: 2002
Intercontinental Cup Most Valuable Player: 2002
UEFA Team of The Year: 2002
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality: 2002
La Liga South American Player of the Year: 1996–97, 2002–03
Golden Foot award: 2006
Brazilian National Hall of Fame: Class of 2006
Serie A Player of the Decade: 1997–2007
FIFA World Cup: All-Time Leading Scorer

Comments

• Totally agree, as a kid growing up he was the player to watch. Absolutely frightening ability. I had me a pair of R9 boots!
  • Nice teeth, i remember that game against france ;)

nah in all seriousness fantastic record and fantastic player
  • Great player. You sometimes have to be reminded just how good he was after all the non-sense of recent years, but one glance at that scoring record show's you just how amazing he was, and in fairness, his recent goals to games records stands up against anybodies.
  • His Hattrick vs Man utd in 2002/03 champions league for Real Madrid is a personal highlight for me, even the united fans were on their feet applauding (Rare sight)
  • One of the best strikers of all time. Any youtube compilation of him is guaranteed to be awesome (even better than Izale McLeod's ;)

That list of achievements is astonishing.
  • Excellent player at his peak (96-2002?) and I would rank him alongside Zidane, Messi and Super Clive as one of the best players I have seen in my lifetime.
  • One of the best players I've ever seen as well. When he was at Barcelona he was something else. It's a shame how his career tailed off after the '98 world cup, aside for a few flashes of utter brilliance, such as his hatrick against Man Utd for Real. Also it's ashame how none of the British clubs at the time had the finances to attract him over here.

There's only one Ronaldo!
  • Extraordinary player.

Best striker I've seen since I started watching football (neigh on 20 years).

His goal record, at the very highest level and considering all his injuries is simply astounding.
  • One of my favourite players to watch, and the one player I wish I could had seen live. His movement and touches during a full 90 mins would have been wonderful to watch.

Its crazy really ( considering his injuries and general lack of fitness) how many goals he scored for AC Milan and Corinthians.

Best 'proper striker' to ever lay a foot on the pitch.
  • For me the best player in my lifetime, I will forever be disappointed I never got to see him play "live". Absolutely phenomenal player, that video of his goal for Barca and Bobby Robson's reaction says it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a player he was, an amazing goal scoring record. Didnt he play in a world cup final after having a fit during the day?

I wished I had seen him live, but I use to watch games he was playing in just because of him. Super, super player.
  • Sad day the great man has had to call it a day.

He had absolutely everything, power, strength, unbeleivable pace with and without the ball, great dribbling ability, skills to die for, finishing and two great feet. Absolute class, and that goal for Barcelona where he shrugged off 2 players on the half way line then went past the rest of the defence showed all his attributes to the full.

I doubt we will see a player like that again for a very long time.
  • Amazing player up there with my all time favourite strikers Lineker, Shearer and Van Basten.

Didnt Bobby Robson rate him as the best?