Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Little Big Flag for Exeter

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Firstly well done to Olly and the boys for Peterborough. Even made it on the the BBC Clip

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9396472.stm

Started out early. Were you asked to do that because of the minutes applause?

Hope you doing it again for Saturday especially as it will be such a big gate.

Anyone who wants to help out and go pitchside pre-match should let Olly know here.

Comments

• Is the Hales flag still intact- available ?- might look good in a near full stadium.
  • I love the flags - FULL STOP
    but I was a bit disappointed that it stayed in the front section v Peterbro, and never came towards the back of the lower.

This was because there were so many empty seats - some folk watching Mancs on TV till quite late on - and it couldn't get going towards the back.

Let's hope for a full roll-out and a proper display in a full Valley on Sat.

I am taking 2 extra and am working hard on another 2 - who didn't even know you could pay on the day to watch Charlton most weeks !
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Is the Hales flag still intact- available ?- might look good in a near full stadium.
    "Theres only one big flag, big flag...."
  • That confused me, I thought this thread was about the £5 ticket offer being taken up by a native american chief!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Firstly well done to Olly and the boys for Peterborough. Even made it on the the BBC Clip

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9396472.stm

Started out early. Were you asked to do that because of the minutes applause?

Hope you doing it again for Saturday especially as it will be such a big gate.

Anyone who wants to help out and go pitchside pre-match should let Olly know here.

Yeah had to run it a couple of minutes early because of the minutes applause. But as it was, the teams came out dot on 3 and it was a lateish kick off anyway so we could have run it as normal.
    Going to decide whether or not to go for the Hales flag for Exeter later on this week. Will keep an eye on ticket sales etc... and will also depend on volunteers! 4 of us is enough for the small flag but will defintley need 6 for Hales if we decide to go for it. Have a crew of 3 happy helpers already, so just need another 2 volunteers please!
  • Is it going to be the Hales flag?
  • Looks like it's only going to be the Smaller Flag at the moment.
  • thats a shame would love to see the Killer one
  • I suppose it's down to us though - Olly needs a couple of additional volunteers. I would but coming from Herts, son playing football in morning and family in tow I would be too unrelaible.
  • I have a team of 5 now, could be a goer. Going to need to get a few things passed off first, like asking Paddy if he doesn't mind us folding it up on his prize pitch afterwards! I'll do my best
  • Sponsored links:

• Bet he wouldn't mind so much if it was him on the flag and not Killer lol
  • Would be great with so many having guests would be a real treat for them
  • edited February 2011
    whats wrong with.............BOTH ...!!!
  • Can we get this on Twitter
  • Hales one would be quality!
  • Be good to see the flags tomorrow.
  • Raymondo, nothing wrong with doing both but YOU needed to volunteer to help make it happen.

Ditto Valley27000, don't suggest, do.
  • I would volunteer henry but i have a two hour journey and then a long walk to the ground with 3 kids, but why not ask a few in the front row of the north ? if i was there it wouldnt be a problem,
  • Fair dos but I took my son with me.
  • so why cant the stewards and the front row do it ? don't tell me ...elf & safty
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh dear. Why do you expect someone else to do it?

The stewards and ball boys have other jobs to do.

Its a fans thing. The people in the covered end do help, all the fans on its route help but someone has to get it ready, make sure it goes off at the right time, steer it around and put it away.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Its a fans thing. The people in the covered end do help, all the fans on its route help.........EXCEPT THE MISERABLE GIT IN THE NL WHO JUST STANDS THERE MOANING AND SULKING LIKE LIKE HE'S JUST FOUND OUT SIMON JORDAN IS OUR SECRET MONEY MAN.

Agreed ;-) (not that I hold grudges!)