Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Charlton 3-2 Peterborough

Thanks to the 76 Lifers who marked this game, here are the averages for each player who played at least 30 minutes:

Abbott - 8.07
Semedo - 7.84
Francis - 7.41
Eccleston - 7.34
Elliot - 7.11
Wright Phillips - 7.07
Doherty - 6.92
Dailly - 6.82
Jackson = 6.62
Bessone - 6.22
Wagstaff 6.16
McCormack - 6.00
Fry - 5.97

Team - 6.89

This is the highest number of Lifers who have marked a match since we entered League One, the next highest being Plymouth at home this season with 67 and the highest last season being Yeovil at home with 64. The lowest number this season for a home game was 36 against Brighton.

The aggregate averages for the season in League One are:

Anyinsah - 6.97 - 10 games
Dailly - 6.71 - 18
Elliot - 6.64 - 23
Racon - 6.57 - 23
Semedo - 6.52 = 25
Jackson - 6.41 - 26
Doherty - 6.35 - 26
Fry - 6.23 - 17
Wagstaff - 6.22 - 24
Benson - 6.19 - 18
McCormack - 6.17 - 13
Abbott - 6.16 - 12 rise of one place
Reid - 6.05 - 14 dropped one place
Francis - 5.96 - 24 rise of one place
Llera - 5.90 - 5 dropped one place
Fortune - 5.69 - 7

Team 6.34

The corresponding average stats for this and last season after 27 games is as follows, I have include the stats for CP to include the Sheff Wed game:

-----------------------Last Season-----------This Season------Since CP
Average points-------2.00--------------------1.74-------------2.60
Goals scored---------1.85---------------------1.70-------------1.80
Goals conceded------1.11---------------------1.37-------------0.80
Possession...........51.37--------------------48.30------------46.20
Our shots on target--6.33---------------------4.56-------------4.80
Our shots off---------5.85---------------------4.37-------------2.20
Their shots on-------5.26----------------------5.52-------------6.00
Their shots off------4.59----------------------5.56-------------5.40
Our corners----------5.52----------------------5.07-------------5.60
Their corners--------5.78----------------------5.70-------------5.60
Fouls made----------12.89---------------------12.81-----------12.40
Fouls received-------12.48--------------------11.07------------12.00
Valley attendance--17,345-------------------15,535-----------15,448 edited

Comments

• Sorry if this sounds stupid but surely the average points since CP started is 3?
  • yes i think it should be as well - the stats look as tho they include swed. He appointment had been announced before this but he was not in charge for. he took over the monday after
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Sorry if this sounds stupid but surely the average points since CP started is 3?

he said that it includes the sheff weds game
  • some Lifers include the Sheff Wed game and some don't, I included it so as not to make the stats too wonderful and some would argue that the sacking of the PP team and having the majority of CP's team in place, even if one of them was sitting in the stands did have a effect in the match.
  • Sorry I don't often moan because I appreciate the statistics and know a lot of hard work goes into them.
    However Chris powell officially started on the monday after the Sheffield wednesday game. I have just reread the club announcement at the time and that is what it said (dated 14 jan)
  • Perhaps the title of that column should be 'Since Parky left' rather than 'Since CP'
  • that won't work either because there was another game that KP was in charge of
  • Well it does work, since that column just describes all games since Parky left, regardless of who they were managed by
  • Thanks lancashire great stats and thanks for the effort. Its about the team rather than the manager so it all works for me.
  • As above, nice stats Lanc lad. i would like to see top scorers, assists regularly

random stats like we haven't lost to top 5 side(i know we have but you get what i mean), yellos & reds always handy

but appreciate all the hard work which goes into this so cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]some Lifers include the Sheff Wed game and some don't, I included it so as not to make the stats too wonderful and some would argue that the sacking of the PP team and having the majority of CP's team in place, even if one of them was sitting in the stands did have a effect in the match.

Sorry it was my lack of reading!
  • johnnybev - I'll put in the goal scorers, assists, reds and yellows with the Hartlepool Stats and then after every away game. I'll also try and think up some random stats after away games as there is not so much work required as less Lifers give marks.
  • Goals conceded

Significant improvement in goals conceded since Chris started
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Goals conceded

But thats only from a handful of games....

Wait until the end of the season, then a comparison can be made.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Goals conceded

But thats only from a handful of games....

Wait until the end of the season, then a comparison can be made.

Naturally ... but at this moment this is the stat.
  • How comes the opposition are getting more shots on target since CP took over? Whats happened to the defending since Parky left?

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.

On a previous thread I flagged up the lack of goals at corners & free kicks from Dailly, Doherty and Llera, and suggested they should be scoring more. Saturday's match answered the question. The delivery at corners was appalling. They ain't gonna score unless the ball is delivered into the right area.

Goals, assists and clean sheets are the more important stats.

Good effort LL. Keep up the good work.
  • Chances are i'm being stupid but how can the average valley attendence this season be 11765, yet our lowest has been 13 thousand?
  • [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]Chances are i'm being stupid but how can the average valley attendence this season be 11765, yet our lowest has been 13 thousand?
    It's last season, this season and since Powell took over (including Sheff Wed game)
  • Where are you getting your attendance figures, because the Football League say our lowest attendance all season is 13,155 v MK Dons and our lowest last season was 14,636 v Hartlepool
  • MISTAKE - I have now edited the home attendance figures as I had previously taken an average of home and away attendances, thanks to stackitstev and IA for pointing it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its interesting comparing the aggregate stats so far with the final results of last season here

Christian Dailly i can't help feeling has been getting overmarked this term. He's been sent off twice, been exposed a hell of a lot more this year, and defensively we have conceded more, yet his average mark has barely changed compared to last season when i thought he had a lot more of a positive impact on the team.

You would hope that by the end of the season, the aggregate stats accurate reflect who should be the POTY contenders. I'm not sure that's going to happen this season. Given his solid performance at full back, and goals since moving to midfield, Johnnie Jackson you would have expected to be higher placed than he is.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Given his solid performance at full back, and goals since moving to midfield, Johnnie Jackson you would have expected to be higher placed than he is.

That's a fair point, AFKA. In fact, we don't seem to rate goalscoring very highly at all - JJ is sixth and our other two leading goalscorers Wagstaff and Benson rank ninth and tenth!
  • TBF most of JJ's goals have been penalties.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its interesting comparing the aggregate stats so far with the final results of last seasonhere

Christian Dailly i can't help feeling has been getting overmarked this term. He's been sent off twice, been exposed a hell of a lot more this year, and defensively we have conceded more, yet his average mark has barely changed compared to last season when i thought he had a lot more of a positive impact on the team.

You would hope that by the end of the season, the aggregate stats accurate reflect who should be the POTY contenders. I'm not sure that's going to happen this season. Given his solid performance at full back, and goals since moving to midfield, Johnnie Jackson you would have expected to be higher placed than he is.

Dailly still has my vote at the moment as POTY. Alright he may have been sent off twice, but I feel he was slightly unlucky with those decisions.
    That apart he made a bad mistake giving away a goal at Swindon H, but hasn't done much else wrong.
    Especially, when you consider he has been "assisting" Doherty, Fry and Francis.
    Before BWP arrived he would have been my 1st name on the teamsheet.