Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson Play £5 off for CAFC fans

edited February 2011 in Not Sports Related
Orchard Theatre]

Jim Davidson has sent me a text asking if I could mention his play 'Stand up and be Counted' at the orchard Theatre in Dartford. Jim says Charlton fans can claim £5 off their tickets.
BC

Comments

• he was in the Directors Lounge on Saturday talking to a few people about it. Came across as an okay bloke to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he was in the Directors Lounge on Saturday talking to a few people about it. Came across as an okay bloke to me.

He is ... but you can't say that on here ;-)
  • whats the play about ?
  • The link should take you to the full details Nolly
  • I thought you meant £5 off for this Saturday!
  • Even the name of his play discriminates against the disabled. This man must be stopped.
  • says the man who names himself after a german sub...
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]says the man who names himself after a german sub...

yeah, strange. Maybe all his posts should be sunk.
  • Calm down, it was a joke. What happened to that famous Davidsonista sense of humour?
  • so was mine numpty
  • Sponsored links:

• So was mine, you goon.

(It wasn't really.)
  • lol your not very good at this ..
  • Heard good things about this, quick plotline, davidson plays an out dated rascist sexist standup who is on a show with the new up and comming modern comic and the play revolves around them in the dressing room and there clash of worlds and ideas. Think it could be good as said and quite brave of jim to take it on.
  • So he's basically playing himself!

Actually, sounds interesting. I may give it a go.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]whats the play about ?[/quote]

From the link:

"Bigoted comic Eddie Pierce faces his critics and peers in a concert that no-one could imagine, with an outcome that no-one could predict."

So a bigoted comedian is typecast as err bigoted...nope, didn't see that one coming.

And let me guess the outcome will be a feeling sorry for myself rant about political correctness and how you can't be racist/sexist these days.
  • I might go on the second night...if there is one.
  • edited February 2011
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]whats the play about ?

From the link:

"Bigoted comic Eddie Pierce faces his critics and peers in a concert that no-one could imagine, with an outcome that no-one could predict."

So a bigoted comedian is typecast as err bigoted...nope, didn't see that one coming.

And let me guess the outcome will be a feeling sorry for myself rant about political correctness and how you can't be racist/sexist these days.

That's quite funny BFR, even ironic. You sound like a biggot now!
  • Up for this
  • careful the £5 off doesnt apply to friday or saturday night
    Also dont book the tuesday as we're at home that day - any charlton fan goin that night ought to pay double!
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I might go on the second night...if there is one.[/quote]

Comedy's not your strong point eh...
  • Can he just send me the fiver for being a charlton fan.
  • Small print on the back of the tickets, doors open 6.30pm, interval 7.45pm, strictly no spastic's.

Puts him off aparently.

Gervaise gold.
  • Jim actually wrote this as well.
  • I see a link for military discount but how does an addick get discount then?

As an ex-squaddie i might push for double bubble. :-)
  • Yeah noone should miss the game on the Tuesday otherwise it might be Charlton nil!
  • Who made the promotional material for this stuff. Saw it in the programme and it looks very very cheap.
  • The advert at half time on the screen was very poor, to quote vic reeves.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Small print on the back of the tickets, doors open 6.30pm, interval 7.45pm, strictly no spastic's.

Puts him off aparently.

Gervaise gold.
    It's scope now.

Oi Scopey!