Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Marks: Hartlepool 2-1 Charlton

For those hardy Lifers who made the trip north please give your marks 0-10 with halves allowed, also give your Man of the Match. Just cut and paste:

Elliot
Francis
Doherty
Dailly
Fry
Jackson
Semedo
McCormack
Eccleston
Abbott
Wright-Phillips

Jenkinson
n/a Reid

Comments

• Suspect this will be the shortest thread of this ilk ever.......
  • Elliot 7 had no chance with the goals, distribution a bit suspect
    Francis 6 still improoving
    Doherty 6 solid
    Dailly 6 ditto but may be at fault for the first goal
    Fry 5
    Jackson 6 not his old self
    Semedo 8 what would we do without him
    McCormack 5 no comment
    Eccleston 7 took his goal well
    Abbott 5 ouch !! Not as effective as Saturday
    Wright-Phillips 5 quiet if he doesn't score

Jenkinson 5 needs more games

I didn,t go, just guessed !!!
  • edited February 2011
    Elliot- 6.5 poor kicking but the wind did not help, unlucky with the first goal.
    Francis 6 did ok, hope he is ok after injury
    Doherty- 6 won his headers, but slow to react to second balls at times.
    Dailly- 7 swept up well. lead by example.
    Fry- 5 poor start, improved a little but struggled overall.
    Jackson- 6 average again but thought there was signs of potential when he played CM, few decent touches and if Racon is injured then preferable to McCormack there.
    Semedo- 6.5 not his best but still best CM midfielder we have.
    McCormack- 4 sorry but for a so called tough tackling midfielder, he shirks too many challenges, no bottle and offers very little going forward. Really not a fan atm.
    Eccleston- 7 ineffective in the first half and thought he did not look up for it, but improved a lot. Well taken goal, linked up well and could have had a second.
    Abbott- 7.5 average in the first half but was very impressed in the second when he seemed to play higher up the pitch. Excellent assist, started to win his headers and the partnership wit BWP looked more effective. Going to say he was our MOM
    Wright-Phillips- 6.5 fairly quiet but couple of good efforts in the second half (was it him who hit the bar?), nearly got onto a couple of through balls.

Jenkinson- 6 did ok and showed nice touches but possibly very lucky to stay on the pitch. Not sure how bad the challenge was but judging by the players reactions, thought it would be a red.
    n/a Reid- 4 for that corner.
  • Ell-6, did what he could, must improve his Deano kicking.
    Fran-5, injury hit him hard into our bench.
    Doc-5, won balls in the air but of the pace I feel.
    Dails-6, cleared danger well, as captain must get group going when things are down.
    Fry-5, not a great game at left back
    JJ-6, did what he could, couldn't get in game much.
    Semedo-6, did OK, won the 50/50s played OK on a tough night.
    McCor-3, can't see this guy working at SE7, why he starts I don't know, he was shy in a challenge, the bloke went round him, maybe should give him a 2.
    Eccle-7.5, took his goal well. Tough first 45 for him but second half did well, good movement but maybe soon we can see more pace from him. MY MOTM!
    Abbs-7, did OK the guy from Poland. Good assist for the goal. Got through a fair bit of running, maybe harder in challenges, did well!
    Wri' P-6, was quiet, found it hard to link up with Abbs. Think he hit the bar but can't recall even though I was there.

Subs:
    Jenks-6, I agree above, did OK, showed he can do a job. From where I was, I thought he would of gone, looked bad plus followed through, cheers Ref.
    Reid-3, your losing 2-1 with a minute to play you look for Doc's or Dails from a corner, not the side netting, you want a quality cross, it didn't come.

What a journey though, I now live in Poole but use to live in Bromley, first train out of Waterloo at 5:30am this morning ready to start work at 9am! Made it an 834 mile round trip in 24 hours, can anyone beat that.
  • Elliot - 5. Not sure about blame for the goals, but he needs to be more commanding in the box. His kicking is straight out of the Dean Keily school of goal kicking. Went walkabout in the 2nd half once to tackle two Pool players and once in the last minute of injury time. Didn't really have a save to make.

Francis - 6. I don't see why he has so many knockers. Decent right back who is useful in the air. Looked in serious pain before he was carried of. I suspect Saturday he will be missed.

Doherty - 6 Fair play to him, I've been very nervous about him recently, but he had his most solid game for a while.

Dailly - 8. Best game for ages. Though he might be suffering from a knock, but taclked well, headed well, intercepted well and played the sweepers role with ease. Seemed to have an extra yard of pace last night and even when he couldn't get the ball he made sure the opposition couldn't get it either. Tied as my MOM.

Fry - 4. Conversely the worst game he's had for us. Posh took us apart down his flank when he came on for Bessone on Saturday and although Pool didn't have the skill here, he was forced into mistake after mistake. To be fair he had a better second half but still an error strewn performance.

Jackson - 5. Very quiet. Half the player he was when he was banging them in. Again improved in the 2nd half when he played a more left/central role.

Semedo - 7. Thank God for Jose. Heart behind the team and all over the place. Reads the game well, 100% effort.

McCormack - 4. Don't want to keep knocking the guy, but he was poor yet again. For a midfield general he's as soft as a feather - even pulled out of a couple of 40/60 challenges yesterday. He can't pass, can't tackle, his positional sense is awful and spends most of the game 5 yards behind the play. Sorry Mac, but you've got to improve to justify your hype.

Eccleston - 6. Worked hard with little reward. 10 minutes into the 2nd half, he looked like he had had enough. The goal re-energised him and he was unlucky not to score again.

Abbott - 8. Old fashioned centre forward in the Kevin Davies mold. Was everywhere last night, worked his socks off, always looking to involve team mates, forced Flinders into a fine save in the last 5. Tied MoM

Wright-Phillips - 7. Ball wasn't falling for him last night. Great shot that forced Flinders into a fine save and unlucky when hitting the bar. He will score in more games than he doesn't. Looking a good pairing with Abbott.

Jenkinson - 6. Impressed with the lads application. Quick on and off the ball and not afraid to get involved. Perhaps needs more match practice so he doesn't get booked. Was only a booking as it wasn't dangerous play.

Reid - 3. I've been crying our for Reid to come into the team on the left. He came in on the right last night! He was woeful and didn't get past the massed ranks of Pool defenders once last night or even deliver a killer ball. I would dock him a weeks pay for the awful attempt at a corner in the last minute of injury time. I could cross from there when I was 10 and I'm rubbish. It's a good job the two team coach drivers aren't so amatuerish.

The team obviously stayed up there last night as well as we passed the team coach - with all the curtains closed - at about 12.30 around Sheffield.
  • Elliot - 7 did some comedy goalkeeping stuff, but was unlucky with the first goal. another inch higher and it would have spun over.
    Francis - 6 ok
    Doherty 7 can only recall him making one or two errors
    Dailly - 7 fair game - can't recall too many errors, did seem a bit stretched at times.
    Fry - 6 had another tough game where they tried to expose his weaknesses - bad tackle for yellow card.
    Jackson - 6 good game, always looking to get involved in the moves.
    Semedo - 5 didn't seem his usual fiery, tackling self
    McCormack - 6 fair
    Eccleston - 8 MOM always looks a threat and took his goal well
    Abbott - 6 a poor first half, much more of a threat later on, but hard to connect with BWP
    Wright-Phillips - 6 looked a bit sulky when the ball would not drop for him

Jenkinson - 6 did well at short notice, and was also under big pressure at some points - unlucky with yellow card, ref was conned.
    n/a Reid - 6 never took anyone on for a run into the box and the last minute corner was dreadful.