Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not Nineteen Forever - Hartlepool Away

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
I don't think this post will intrest anyway except 3 said people but I made a pact to do it so here we go....

It was my 20th birthday yesterday so me and my 3 pals Ben, Dan and Charlie travelled up to Hartlepool, we
left Bexleyheath at 12:30pm. I was the driver, driving a Toyota IQ. For those of you who are not familiar with
an IQ, it has been described as " the peanut " and " the washing machine "

Before we started our journey we formulated a rotation policy, swapping seats every hour, the best seat to
Have being the passengers seat, the worst being the seat behind the driver aka The Sod,
( Seat of Death ).

So on we pressed, we reached 3:08pm, my time of birth 20 years ago being 3:12pm,
we reserved those last 4 minutes of my teenage life for a particular song... Your Not Nineteen Forever
perfmormed by a favourite band of mine The Courteeners, this sparked emotional sing alongs and the
moment had gone, I was now no longer a teenager! We as a group then erupted into drunken Valley Floyd
Road, all 3 verses ! Following this was my choice of song, my first as a 20 year old, I chose the one and only
Live Forever- Oasis !

Many more beers consumed from the 3 non drivers later and the banter was incredible, 2 second Dave being
a personal highlight ( Reed ). We reached Hartlepool at around 6pm and straught to the nearest pub for a well
deserved pint ! More tequilas and beers down we headed for the ground. Somehow we were late to the game?

By this point we were all confident of our boys bringing us home 3 points, which our travelling party deserved
for the mamouth effort !!

The game did not go to plan of course, Doghead would have been weighed in by a certain Mr Reed. NORTHHH !

And so to the journey home, spirits were low, we needed something to lighten to mood and by god we got it !
Michevious behaviour from Reed and Ben resulted in us acquiring a 3rd passenger, a plastic herron, whom we
duely named Nathan Ecclestone, he was funny for around 10 minutes before being thrown onto the A1
somewhere, RIP big man !

The mood was lightened, until... 2 hours into our journey home we saw a sign, 57 miles to Leeds !! We must
be mad !!

In conclusion to this pointless story we had arrived home !

I really hope those Charlton players appreciate our effort and commitments, work today is not fun !

Anyway I wanna say a massive thanks to the best of friends Dan, Ben and Reedy I love you boys and thanks
for a quality birthday, except for the result I wouldn't of changed a thing !!

2 second Dave, HERO !

Ross !

Comments

• The question is; What on EARTH were you doing driving on your birthday whilst your mates got on it?
  • EMOTIONAL
  • edited February 2011
  • JTJT
    edited February 2011
  • Nice post, happy birthday
  • Happy birthday...
  • Nice story - brought a smile to my haggard old face! It's just a shame that you young'uns have to drive such cr&p cars - when I was 19 I had either a Morris Minor or an Austin Cambridge... ah those were the days!
  • HAHA, charlie loves the IQ
  • I prefered the choice of leg room in the drivers seat to getting on it. Notts away I will be making up for it !
  • edited February 2011
    legend
  • Sponsored links:

• well done for driving so far to support Charlton ... respect
  • welcome to the next decade
  • Touching story hope you enjoy the next nineteen years as much .
  • Good story and fair play for traveling up there
  • thats a mamouth of a story redross, love that nananananananana nathan ecclestone ecclestone
  • happy birthday mate....I remember being young once....lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Touching story hope you enjoy the next nineteen years as much .

This is either the saddest or funniest sarcastic post on here.
  • Good post. But like someone above? Why did you get lumbered with the driving on your birthday... you're friends aren't real friends for letting you do that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Good post. But like someone above? Why did you get lumbered with the driving on your birthday... you're friends aren't real friends for letting you do that.

Dunno, on one of my mates 19th's we shaved his eyebrows and he ended up having a deep heat covered condom poked up his coy with a biro

If you were to offer him the chance to go back and drink or drive that night I know what he would say