Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More Loans - My guess after Saturday 26th

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
I think emergency loans that are now available to football league clubs can last for a maximum of 93 days and are not renewable. My guess then is that as the Play-off final is May 29th - we would want to keep anyone until that date (just in case...). That means that, according to my calculations, Febraury 26th (i.e. after the Notts County game) is the first day we could start a loan from and be sure they'd still be here (unless recalled under the 28 day rule by the parent club). Can anyone confirm this? What do others think?

Comments

• If correct, It would make sense to hold out.
  • edited February 2011
    I had wondered about the same thing . Last season I'm sure when we signed Johnny Jackson it was before the potential 93 day period and I was told it could be renewed if he returned for a couple of days . As it happened Jacko got injured and went back anyway , at the moment Matt Fry seems to be on renewals . Would a Youth loan be different ?

In any case I think the day of the Notts game could be the starting point . Remember February has 28 days and April 30 . The 29th May is a Sunday , 91 days earlier would be Sunday 27th February . Two days earlier would be 93 . Therefore if we could register a player on the day of the game they could play against Notts .
  • I won't clog up this thread too much, but can we afford to wait until the 26th to get someone in with games against Exeter and Notts County coming up? Think we need someone creative pretty soon.
  • I agree - think we need cover in defence (fast and youngish) and a creative midfielder is desperate...really think we could push for the automatics (must beat Southampton twice and Bournemouth away) - so need someone before then...hate the playoffs - just too stressful!