Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How well do you know the valley's surroundings?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
The reason i ask is because i think i must be one of the most uneducated people when it comes to whats around the valley. I was looking at the valley ground guide map on here and was shocked when i saw all these places that i've never visited, and for some never knew off. I hear people talking about places like the liberal club and various pubs/bars, yet dont have a clue where they are. I've been to charlton literally hundreds of times, but i've never ventured behond harvey gardens, never gone further than the shops outside the train station on charlton church lane, infact i dont think i've ever been in the areas around the back of the east stand and the jimmy seed. It does shock me that for somewhere i spend so much time at, i really know nothing about. I've always been content to hop of the train, and follow the crowd down floyd road and then valley grove to the entrances to the north stand where i have my season ticket. Quite simply i'd be lost if i didnt keep to the probably the only 4 roads i know of.
Im guessing most people on here know the valley like the back of their hand???

Comments

• Lived in Charlton from age five until 23 so not much of SE7 I don't know.
  • Yep spent lots of my misplaced youth knocking about in the streets of Charlton and Woolwich i reckon i must have been in every street or cul de sac in those areas.

used to love going up gypsies mount and looking down on our ground often stoned wishing if only

you used to get a great arial view from up there
  • Lived next door to the valley for 21 years. First pint in the watermans arms, became a man down by the thames barrier with a barmaid 10 years older than me. Never had one fight in se7. Been stoned in valiant house looking down on the valley.
  • Ad did you ever go up gypsies mount and look down uypon the whole of Se7
  • I lived near the ground until I was 19 so very familar to me - always knew how to bunk in!
  • Yes mate, all the time loved it there.
  • have you been up there recently, is it still accessable,
  • They tried to block it off but im sure there is a way stil must be ten years since been up there.
  • i might investigate with nljr, that was my favorite spot in the whole of london, i could sit up there for hours.
  • They tried to block it off but im sure there is a way stil must be ten years since been up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Summers nite few tinnys up there top draw.