Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The demise of the Jhorna

It would appear that the Jhorna in Pickford Lane is not re-opening.

Akin to the loss of a family member, I'm mortified and would welcome recommendations from fellow lifers for a good sit down curry house that welcome's kids (Bexleyheath, Welling, Crayford sort of area)

I know we've had similar discussions in the past but couldn't find them when I searched.

Free onion bharji for the best suggestions

Comments

• I've eaten a few times at The Oval Brasserie, The Oval, Sidcup, Kent - a 2 min drive from Blackfen traffic lights. Found it friendly and the food good. Seemed pretty child friendly - worth trying.

The Jafflong Tandoori in Dartford is also a child friendly restaurant, but prob a bit to far for a 'nip round the corner' curry. Standard curry house fare - ie Restaurant food rather than pukka Indian food.

Namaste
  • S3 round the Green, Falconwood is superb.
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]S3 round the Green, Falconwood is superb.

This!
  • Why has it closed for good?
  • [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]It would appear that the Jhorna in Pickford Lane is not re-opening.

Akin to the loss of a family member, I'm mortified and would welcome recommendations from fellow lifers for a good sit down curry house that welcome's kids (Bexleyheath, Welling, Crayford sort of area)

I know we've had similar discussions in the past but couldn't find them when I searched.

Free onion bharji for the best suggestions

My best suggestion would be to stay away from curry houses in general you fat fecker!
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]My best suggestion would be to stay away from curry houses in general you fat fecker!

That sort of talk is not going to get you an onion bharji now is it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]My best suggestion would be to stay away from curry houses in general you fat fecker!

That sort of talk is not going to get you an onion bharji now is it?

If you knew him like I do, you'd know there's no chance of an onion bhaji making past him to you!!!
  • the omar in barnehurst
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]the omar in barnehurst

Friendly staff, clean and recently refurbed.

Good food as well. Tried a few round here but none as good as Omar.
  • Belvedere Tandoori up in Nuxley village usually pretty good
  • Sponsored links:

• S3 or Falconwood Tandoori Both round the green.

As good as each other and v v nice.
  • S3 on the green is the best in the area.

Anyone coming to Falconwood for a holiday, I could also tell you where the best Chinese and Fish n Chip takeaways are too.