Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter Forum

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Interesting thread from their forum...
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44878

Comments

• Is he adopted I thought that was Shaun?
  • Grecian Jay sounds like a nice fella (!)
  • Apologies in advance if you hear the BWP song tomorrow,I am ashamed of it and it is not a reflection on most of our supporters.

Having watched the plymouth exeter gamesthis year I think BWP is a good finisher and better than league one standard. However I hope he does not score tomorrow
  • [cite]Posted By: dj-ecfc[/cite]Apologies in advance if you hear the BWP song tomorrow,I am ashamed of it and it is not a reflection on most of our supporters.

Having watched the plymouth exeter gamesthis year I think BWP is a good finisher and better than league one standard. However I hope he does not score tomorrow

Touche. No doubt we will be singing "The Addams/Exeter Family" to you, as we have to sing it to everyone, as we only have 3 songs. Advanced apologies to you.
  • No better/worse than the adams family you will hear tomororrow
  • edited February 2011
    Ha ha best response i've read on a forum. (To the ranting bloke who's obviously watched a bit too much Danny Dyer).... "I can't blame you, I suppose you're just an angry, frightened little un"

Says so much about the overly aggressive keyboard warrior football fan!
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Touche. No doubt we will be singing "The Addams/Exeter Family" to you, as we have to sing it to everyone, as we only have 3 songs. Advanced apologies to you.

In fairness, this is one of the few games where the incest song is appropriate
  • its football as long as its not racist or homophobic

anything goes in my book fill ya boots
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Touche. No doubt we will be singing "The Addams/Exeter Family" to you, as we have to sing it to everyone, as we only have 3 songs. Advanced apologies to you.

Yes but that's the whole point isn't it. It will not be funny & will have no real effect, as our saddos sing it every single game, even if there is only about 100 supporters at the other end from MK Dons. If it was sung just for "the countryside " teams, whilst it may be offensive at least the "humour" makes sense.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Touche. No doubt we will be singing "The Addams/Exeter Family" to you, as we have to sing it to everyone, as we only have 3 songs. Advanced apologies to you.

Yes but that's the whole point isn't it. It will not be funny & will have no real effect, as our saddos sing it every single game, even if there is only about 100 supporters at the other end from MK Dons. If it was sung just for "the countryside " teams, whilst it may be offensive at least the "humour" makes sense.

I don't think the lads that sing it get the regional significance of incest. They just like to sing it because it makes derogatory references to the oppositions "mother" and you get to say a naughty word in the course. It is without question a work of lyrical and cultural significance that will soon see Charlton named Eurpoean Capital of Culture 2012.
  • Sponsored links:

• anything goes its football, just banter
  • more disconcerting is that someone goes on there posting as CAFC and doesn't even know the words to VFR. Doh !!
  • [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]anything goes its football, just banter
    Out of interest, how old are you? Not trying to start anything stupid here or take the piss - just asking.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]anything goes its football, just banter
    Out of interest, how old are you? Not trying to start anything stupid here or take the piss - just asking.

Actual or mental?
    If you really believe that, can I suggest that this afternoon you look out for the biggest hardest-looking bloke you can find, walk up to him and piss on his shoes whilst chanting, "you're getting wet, your getting wet, we're not". I think you'll soon find that anything does not go.

Yeah of course. John Barnes said when they threw bananas on the pitch at him. Shame they dont let us do monkey noises everytime a darkie gets the ball either. PC gone mad as just harmless banter and Im sure our manager would see the funny side and "our" black players cos they're "our"s innit.
  • piss on shoes !!! bananas ??? geting a bit carried away boys, thats just plain ridiculas,
    football songs are "banter" pissing on shoes is probably a criminal offence, unless they are your own of course
  • We're not getting carried away at all. We have just established that your initial statement, that "anything goes" is factually incorrect - in fact, some things are are so far removed from being goers they are actually illegal. Now we can move the discussion on a bit to what goes and what doesn't. Other than shoe-dampening, there are other things that constitute a criminal offence, one of those being racist chanting. It doesn't have to involve bananas, the fact that it is racist is enough to be outlawed.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire (not your shoes), but just as in every other walk of life we have to moderate our behaviour so that we fit in with those around us. Sure, things are more lenient at football than they are at other places and that is quite right, after all people do go for entertainment. But that does not mean that for two hours on a Saturday afternoon you can do what you like with no thought for others. You can't.
  • BWP with a hattrick?
    EASY.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'banter' - f*ckin hate that word with a passion
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]'banter' - f*ckin hate that word with a passion
    With you there. It excuses everything, but if you object you get told to 'get a sense of humour'.
  • [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]piss on shoes !!! bananas ??? geting a bit carried away boys, thats just plain ridiculas,
    football songs are "banter" pissing on shoes is probably a criminal offence, unless they are your own of course

To be fair to you mate...i dont think? you probably really meant ANYTHING so probably shouldnt have got on my soap box.

Yep agree VG the word "banter" is up there with "pants" in terms of words used by adults that makes me want to put my head in a cement mixer.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]its football as long as its not racist or homophobic

100% agree

If it's not racist or homophobic then chant what you like
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]its football as long as its not racist or homophobic

100% agree

Don't get this. Personally I'd rather be accused of being anti-gay than of fornicating with my parents. What allows you to judge what's more acceptable?

Another point to make is that I hate it when our fans abuse (appropriate usage in this case) the opposition players if only because they play better. Perhaps in that respect we should be happy if they abuse SWP as he will get angry and want to get them back with a few goals.

Top post by Stig.
  • Best retort ever:

Your mum is a whore,
    Your mum is a whoreeee,
    EXE-TER CITY,
    Your mum is a whore!

^_^
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]its football as long as its not racist or homophobic

100% agree

What allows you to judge what's more acceptable?

That is not my judgement, it is the law's.
  • With 150+ posts about one song I had imagined the ECFC fans would be able to atleast manage a little noise.

Sad fact was there was nothing till they scored.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]anything goes its football, just banter
    If you really believe that, can I suggest that this afternoon you look out for the biggest hardest-looking bloke you can find, walk up to him and piss on his shoes whilst chanting, "you're getting wet, your getting wet, we're not". I think you'll soon find that anything does not go.

this has to be the silliest reply to a post that i have ever seen
    stig old son you need to take life with "a pinch of salt" and relax and chill out a bit
    your taking life too seriously
  • [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]anything goes its football, just banter

this has to be the silliest reply to a post that i have ever seen
    stig old son you need to take life with "a pinch of salt" and relax and chill out a bit
    your taking life too seriously

But equally the comment that you made that led him to reply was silly, purile and stupid