Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WALTON ON LOAN AGAIN TO ....

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
CARDIFF CITY

Comments

• edited January 2007
    That'll toughen him up nicely then, though not sure he needs that!!
  • obviously little future here if that's the case.

lets just hope he does alright and we recoup whatever we have paid out.
  • hang on, he's only 18 and was always one for the future.
  • Would be difficult to blood a youngster in our predicament... makes sense to give him 1st team experience somewhere else instead of sticking him in the reserves. If we go down we'll need him and if we stay up hopefully he would have developed abit more and would be given his chance in the prem under better circumstances
  • I suspect we'll see alot more of him next season (if) we go down
  • edited January 2007
    I suspect we'll see a lot more of him next season as we are staying up! ;-)
  • Having seen him live at Portman Rd on a couple of occasions I definitely think he's not too far off a 1st team squad place
  • its the speed in which we have farmed him out both times that leads me to suspect he may be

1. a bad egg
    2. just not up to the grade

hope i'm wrong
  • I think its more attitude.......

when people are young and reasonably successful... ego??? I dont' know..... Happened with curbs as a player, parker.... 18 is young....
  • I suspect more that Pardew has seen him in training/reserves and doesn't think he's ready yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• he's a bit fiesty.................so sending him to Cardiff..............he'll come back thinking he's Rambo.

move over Vinny Jones ;-)
  • well scotty got shoved over to naaarwich, looked a bit average at times and got caught out a bit and within about a season he suddenly flourished
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]well scotty got shoved over to naaarwich, looked a bit average at times and got caught out a bit and within about a season he suddenly flourished[/quote]

The quality was always there with Parker, I think he had a few injuries around that time - growing pains etc too, the loan spell at Norridge was to get him back on track rather than see what ability he had.
  • Looks like there might be something to my 'mate of a mate' story from before Christmas (can't go looking for a link - was basically told he'll never play for Charlton after upsetting some of the 'senior pros' with reckless challanges in training and then getting all mouthy when they complained). Could all be b*llocks tho of course.
  • The fact he's 18 and out at a side gunning for promotion to the prem league suggests he's good enough. How many of the other lads we send out on loan end up at Leyton Orient, Bristol City, Notts County and the like??

Like others have said blooding a 18yo with a short fuse in a relegation battle is probably not the most sensible thing to do...
  • i suspect he's simply not good enough, a player who doesn't get in2 leeds first team (look at them flourishing in the champ!!) isn't exactely gonna b 1 for the premiership. Love to b proved wrong but if he was good enough we would have kept in, there's not exactely much comp for the central midfield and we're especially lookin for a tenacious midfielder, he just doesn't make the grade. very doubt we'll ever c him in a charlton shirt playin first team football
  • most Leeds fans I know were gutted when he left
    & when I watched the East Anglia derby him & Alan Lee were the best players on the park in what was an excellent game of football.
  • & have we moved?????

Cardiff City have signed Charlton midfielder Simon Walton on loan for the rest of the season.
    Walton, 19, returned to Valley Parade at the beginning of January after spending four months on loan at Championship side Ipswich Town.

BBC, great eh!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]most Leeds fans I know were gutted when he left
    & when I watched the East Anglia derby him & Alan Lee were the best players on the park in what was an excellent game of football.

think thats more cos they thought he was another 'milner' played bout half champ season when he was 16 when they had no1 else, however didn't feature much once they signed some players
  • Scurffle - he is only 19 ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah i no, but just sayin idf he was good enough he'd b playin, mayb b 1 for future but obviously not now, i think every1's really expectin to much from this boy, he was picked from leeds second string, people have expected him to walk straight in2 our woefull midfield, and he hasn;t, i think that speaks volumes

like said earlier loved to be proved wrong in everyway
  • Most Ipswich fans also seemed gutted that he was leaving at Xmas.
  • no point in having him in our woeful midfield if he gets sent off cos the oppo know he's easily wound up

let him toughen up at Cardiff & come back to us the fuller article (fingers crossed)
  • I watched him in the reserves against Chelsea last week and I have to say that I was very unimpressed. He lacks a lot of experience and can go missing for long periods of time. Probably didn't help that he was paired in central midfield with ZZ, making his first appearance for us. But ZZ got much stronger as the game went on, while Walton just disappeared.
  • RP

Was Pardew there by any chance?
  • Yes he was. I met him behind the main stand and had a quick chat before the game.